Chapter 12

Andrei's pov

"I can't believe he's dead," Artem muttered, as I called them. Now, we were all three gathered around our father, who passed away due to a heart attack, how unfortunate.

"But he's," I told him firmly, feeling the power I was holding now as a leader in my bones, his death made me stronger than I'd ever be, "and it's our time to reign now. And our reign will be a history in the underworld as I'll make sure our name will be feared, give us respect, and the power we deserve!"

"Let's do the funeral of our father first," Anton claimed, gesturing to the corpse on the bed. "No," I disagreed with him, shaking my head, "we can't bury him yet. He had many loyal partner who only did business with us because of his sake as they didn't like my work technic, my terms and conditions."

"What do you want do to?" Artem asked me with a frown. "Sit him on a chair and do video conferences with those partners until he starts fall apart?" Laughing, I shook my head amused, saying, "No, but it isn't actually a bad idea."

"Not funny, Andrei," Anton scrunched his face disgusted at the idea Artem suggested. "Don't worry, brothers, I only plan to keep his corpse in a cold store until the deals we already made with father's loyal partners are done, that means we'll bury him after few months," I informed them, before looking at them with my head tilted, "any disagreements?"

They both shook their heads, looking at our father. Good, I wouldn't really listen to them anyway as I was the leader, it was my right to lead as the first born child of father.

"That's the best for all of us, otherwise we'll have a big loss," I told them seriously. And they could this as an opportunity: They'd have more time with our father until we'd say goodbye to him.

Raphael's pov

I was in my office, sitting in my leather armchair, smoking my cigarette as I heard someone knock on my door. "Si!" I called the person.

"Sergio told me to visit you in the evening. What's going on? Is something special planned where you need my help?" my brother asked, entering my office, sitting in the chair in front of me.

"Yes, there is an arms trade planned for today. It will take place at midnight, and I want you to take care of it. Our trading partner is Sebastian Angelos. He is a new business partner, which means watch your surroundings, Alessandro. We don't know him, only time will show us if he's with us on board or against us, playing with us. I want you to take enough men with you so that you are covered and have support if something goes wrong," I told him seriously.

"Why do you speak like you know something is going to go wrong?" he asked me with furrowed brows.

"Because it might be, we have never done business with this man in the past before and I don't know if he will betray us, like take the goods for free by killing you, or plotting against us with the cops. We can never access the situation with a new business partner. And we are talking about half a million here, that's a lot of money. Therefore, be careful Alessandro," I informed him.

"Are we getting involved with new partners because of the Ivanovs?" he asked me curiously, cocking his head.

"Yes, Andrei is a greedy bastard, only trying to make deals with us to his advantage, trying to exploit our resources since his father fell sick and he took the lead," I huffed, shaking my head, "that's why we won't work with him anymore."

"I see," Alessandro mumbled, nodding his head, "and don't worry, I got this deal, just send me the address, and I'll take care of it."

"If you think it's too to handle, I can also send Sergio to seal this deal for me," I said once again as I didn't want to send him to take care of a deal he wasn't ready to do. Sergio was my right hand and I trusted him with everything, he was like my brother.