Chapter 31

Calina's pov

Leaning against the window, I looked out. My innocence was proven, but was I happy? No, I didn't feel happy because I lost too much, and endured an unimaginable pain until he believed me.

Did it matter now that he believed in my innocence? No, he's already destroyed me, physically and mentally. He took my freedom. I felt trapped. I only wanted to be free again.

As he told me, he would kill me after I gave birth, part of me care at all. Because death seemed to be a way to my freedom, an escape from this hell.

I felt tired of fighting, I only wanted to close my eyes and sleep forever, enter a dreamland where I was happy.

Sighing, I looked down, rubbing my belly. The only reason I was still not giving up was the life within me.

I was still fighting for us. I wanted my baby to have a good life. Yes, my baby, it was my baby, not his, he didn't deserve to be called father.

Even if I still could get an abortion, I decided to keep my baby. I needed this life he gave me to hale me. I thought having a little life depending on me would help me hold back onto life.

"I promise we will escape this hell. You don't need him, I will be your father and mother. My love is enough for you," I mumbled, caressing my stomach, "he wouldn't love you anyway. He cannot love. All he can give is pain and torture but not love. We don't need someone cruel. We want to be happy. And we'll be happy. We will create our own world without him."

I would escape this hell, and I'll play dirty to Gabriela as she did to me. I wanted her to pay for what she has done to me. Until now I held myself back as I didn't want Laura to lose her mother.

But if she was cruel enough to throw me like a piece of meat in front of him, being partly the cause of my condition, and even come and admit to my face, liking to see me suffer, then I ain't stay put either.

I'll crush her under my feet until she will beg me to stop. I will make her beg for my forgiveness, I will make them all beg for my forgiveness. I'll make her feel twice the pain I felt.

Gabriela wasn't the only one who grew up in the mafia. I knew the mafia like the back of my hand. The only way to survive and not get lost in this life was cruelty. Therefore, I will answer injustice with injustice.

I came back from my thoughts as the door opened and William entered the room. I frowned at his condition. He cried. He never cried. He was trained not to show any affection for torture. He was raised to be my father's soldier.

Worriedly, I approached him. As I was in front of him, he got on his knees, looking at me sadly. I put my hands on his face, wiping his tears away. "What happened?" I asked very concerned as his face was bruised.

I looked at his hands as he took mine in his. I gasped as I saw blood on his hands. "Whose blood is this? Are you hurt?" I asked him.

"No, it's Raphael's, I made him eat my plastered hand," he muttered. "And therefore, he beat you up," I sighed.

"Only because my one hand wasn't working and his men were there, otherwise he'd be dead by now," he argued. "Did he touch you?" he asked out of nowhere, his eyes fixed on my stomach. I froze as he took me off guard with his question.

"He did," I whispered, tears leaving my eyes as I couldn't stop them from running down my face. "I'm sorry sugar, I'm sorry that I couldn't protect you," he muttered, hugging me, sobbing.

"It's alright, I'm alright," I soothed him, hugging him back. "You are not! Ahh! I'll kill him for good! For everyone's good!" he gritted out, getting up from the ground.