Chapter 22

Raphael's pov

I was in my office as there was a knock on the door. "Entra!" I called the person before the door opened and Sergio came in with a small box in his hands. "A box was delivered for you," he said, handing me the box.

"I didn't order anything," I muttered, frowning as I took the box and placed it in front of me. "Do you know the person who delivered it?"

"No, but he seemed like a normal guy doing his job," Sergio claimed as his gaze was fixed on the box. "If you don't know who the sender is, we should open it carefully."

"You're right," I agreed, nodding my head, before going to the balcony. "Capo! What are you doing? We could just ask one of the security guards to open it," he suggested.

"Why should I risk my men's lives? Let's just do a little firework in the air," I said with a sinister grin before yelling at my men under the balcony. "MOVE OUT OF THE WAY! THERE COULD BE AN EXPLOSION!"

As they all got out of the way and kept a good distance, I dropped the box. Unfortunately, there was no explosion. I frowned as the box hit the floor and its contents fell on the ground.

"What the hell is that?" I wondered confused as I saw something like a sausage and a black card on the ground. Sighing, I pushed myself off the balcony railing, left my office and went downstairs, walking to the backyard.

As I was in the backyard, I crouched down, looking in disgust at the sausage, which was actually a fucking finger. Clenching my jaw, I took the card and flipped it over to see a little note on it:

We want Evelina back if you don't want any other part of your brother's body.

I crashed the note in my hand. So much for being innocent. Though, I had to praise her, she almost managed to fool me and make me believe her.

Cursing, I put the card and the finger back into the box and got up. "Capo? What's wrong? Whose finger is that?" Sergio asked me as I handed him the box.

"My brother's finger. They want Evelina, otherwise they'll send my brother back to me piece by piece," I gritted out, feeling mad.

"Who are they?" Sergio asked me confused. "I don't know, but I'll find out," I said as I walked back inside before walking up the stairs.

"What are you going to do? Should I do another background research on her? Maybe we missed some important information about her? She surely has strong bonds if someone has her back?" he suggested, following me.

"No, we're just going to waste time by doing another investigation into her lame background," I declined his idea. "Then, what are we going to do?" he asked me with a frown.

"We'll go and ask the source," I gritted out, before I spotted her in the hall. Our eyes met, and she looked at me paralyzed.

"You fucking bitch!" I spat before approaching her with giant strides, grabbing her by her throat, slamming her back again the next wall, "Where is my brother?"

She struggled in my grasp, trying to break free. I tightened my hold on her, looking at her madly.

"Capo, let go, you'll kill her," Sergio intervened, trying to pull me away from her, but I didn't let go. Now that I knew she was involved in my brother's disappearance I didn't hold back at all, I let all my anger out on her.

"This bitch deserves to die!" I said through clenched jaw as I watched her pale. "If you kill her they will kill your brother!" he warned me

Something snapped in me and I came back to my senses, not letting my anger take over, and I let go of her. Her already fainted body fell to the ground.