Chapter 7

ONE WEEK LATER

Calina's pov

I woke up very early today as it was my first day at university. I put my best clothes on and left home with a smile on my face, hearing William's snoring from the living room.

He worked very hard to bring the place we wanted to turn into a small coffeeshop in an eyecatcher for the neighborhood.

Yesterday, he didn't bother me or tried to convince me to work with him in the coffee shop, making me play bob the builder, as today was, like I said, my first day at university.

Smiling, I entered the building, trying to find the room the lecture would take place at. "Excuse me," I muttered to a beautiful blonde with green eyes, "do you know by any chance where this room is?" I asked her, lost in the huge building.

"Yeah, I'm heading to the same lecture, is it your first semester too?" she asked me with a smile, looking up from the paper I had shown her. "Yes, and I'm already lost," I muttered desperately.

"Don't worry, I got you," she said encouragingly, "come on, I know where it is." Smiling, I followed her, "Thank you."

"We newbies have to stick together," she winked at me, "I'm Emma by the way."

"Evelina." We entered the lecture room that was almost full. If we came a little later we probably wouldn't find a place to sit at.

After few more minutes, the professor wrote his name on the green board before introducing himself and starting the lecture. He was talking about the human anatomy, which I really found very interesting and listened closely.

However, Emma was sitting next to me with her elbow on the table, her head placed on her hand, her eyes half-open, looking kind of exhausted, making me worry she'd start snoring any second now, like William.

"Excuse me, the lady in blue dress who's almost asleep?" he called for her, and as she didn't reacted, I kicked her under the table, waking her up.

"Yes!" she jolted in her seat, looking around before looking at the professor. "May I ask you what I was talking about?" the professor asked.

Human anatomy, I scribbled down on my block, pushing it towards her direction. "The human anatomy," she answered, seeing my note. "And about what exactly?" he asked next. "The brain as you were talking about the human physiology," she read what I scribbled next.

"Interesting that you can listen to me too half-asleep," he told her impressed, making me almost burst out laughing, "nevertheless, I want my students awake, Miss."

"Of course, sorry," she muttered apologetically. "All right, let's head on," the professor said, continuing with his lecture.

"Thank you," she mouthed me, making me smile and nod my head before focusing back on the professor, taking notes.

*****

"Thank you so much," Emma thanked me as we left the lecture room. "You're welcome," I grinned, before looking at her with a frown, "but you looked tired, are you alright?"

"Yeah, I just had a water damage in my apartment and was frustrated, therefore I drank a little, but I guess I drank more than I should, as I still have a headache," she groaned, "and I still have to go furniture shopping as my wooden table is literally no longer useable."

"William and I will go furniture shopping for our apartment and store today too, do you want to come with us?" I asked her with a smile. "Yeah, I'd love to, and who's William? Your boyfriend?" she asked me.

"What? Ew! No! He's ... my cousin," I lied, feeling awkward for a second, hoping I didn't say anything wrong.

"All right," she said, putting her arm over my shoulder, "let's go. There is my car." She nodded her head towards an old car, it looked like the car from Mr. Bean, cute.