Chapter 37

WEDDING DAY

Calina's pov

I was taking a shower in his room, as I didn't want him to wash me as he had promised if I didn't take one. William's methods to turn him off didn't work, he was still going to marry me, today.

The water dripped on my body, the tears felt hot on my face in contrast to the cold water that rained on me. I cried because I wanted to feel empty, I didn't want to feel anything anymore.

After feeling like I had no tears left and couldn't cry anymore, I got out of the shower. Taking the bathrobe that was placed for me, I wore it.

Then, I took a deep breath to calm my nerves and left the bathroom. As I left the bathroom, I saw the stylists waiting for me in his room. He told me to get ready in his room as it was the room we would be sharing from now on, unfortunately.

I felt like in a nightmare, even though this nightmare was my own decisions, as I had agreed to marry him.

The irony was that I ran away from him five years ago not to marry him, but was marrying him now, five years later.

Actually, growing up and realizing what my father's plans were for me, I never wanted to get married. I hated the idea of being dominated by a mobster.

I came back from my thoughts as William snapped his fingers in front of my face, which quite startled me.

"Sorry, but you looked lost standing in the middle of his room. Why are your eyes red? Did he now started to feed you drugs?" William asked me worriedly.

"No, I got soap in my eyes," I said, looking at the stylists in the room who prepared their things.

"How did you got so much soap in your eyes that they are so red? Did you rub it in your eyes, or what?" he sighed, knowing that I was lying.

"Lina, we still have time to stop this nonsense. Let's run away!"

"I can't, he said he won't let Laura go to her grandfather until I marry him. And I can't sit and watch him throw a child into the street. It's our fault that she is in this terrible situation. If we erased the part of the audio in which her mother confessed she wasn't his, she wouldn't be in this situation," I muttered.

"So, you are ready to sacrifice yourself for this slut's child! I'm sorry, but I don't even give a fuck about this child! Even if she is innocent, her mother did wrong to you and is the cause for your suffering! Now you are saving the child of such a woman?" he asked me confused.

"Yes, because she's in this situation because of us," I said. He looked at me annoyed, wanting to say something, probably to convince me otherwise, as one of the stylists interrupted our conversation, "Ms. Turgenev, would you please have a seat, we'd like to start now."

"Yeah," I mumbled, sitting down. And all these brushes and powder on my face gave me nearly a panic attack, suffocating me.

The last time I was prepared for my wedding, I luckily managed to die, but, I guess, this time there was no escape.

*****

After almost three hours, they finished styling me and helped me wear the my wedding dress and left.

As I looked in the mirror, I looked beautiful, but my eyes looked red. They covered all my bruises and scars. But they couldn't cover the pain my eyes reflected in the mirror.

My eyes looked like the eyes of an intoxicated person, they were really red. And empty. But in the inside I wasn't empty. I was rotten!

I turned to William with a weak smile, asking, "Can you walk me to the aisle, please?" He looked at me blankly before shaking his head.