Chapter 33

NEXT DAY

William's / Adrian's pov

I left my room with a smile on my face. Lina did a good job. Her assumptions were correct. The wife of the great Italian capo was obviously a traitor. My smile widened as I thought about how he was going to punish her.

I haven't liked her since the first time I saw her. The way she looked at me, as I was a peasant, not worthy enough to breathe the same air like her, annoyed me.

And it wasn't even possible to ignore this slut as she was like everywhere I went in the mansion, as it was her mission to pick on me and lower my mood.

But I wasn't stupid enough not to see what she was trying to do and fall for her little trap. Obviously, she wanted me to attack her so her great husband could throw me back in the basement for disrespecting his donna.

However, it was amusing to see how angry she got as I kept my calmness. She had to come up with smarter ideas if she wanted to catch me.

Though, I doubted that her little brain was advanced enough to fool a hacker like me, who had also grown up in the Mafia and had learned not to show defeat in any way.

Moreover, I didn't really care if she was a woman. I wanted to punch her in the face because she deserved it, but I only held back for Lina, as I didn't want to go back to that damn basement and let Lina fight this fight alone. We would fight this fight for freedom together, and we would win it together, as we did before.

I might not be able to slap her in her ugly face, but I'd see what her husband would do to her after finding out it was his wife who backstabbed him.

My hatred for his wife wasn't because she was picking on me, but because she hurt Lina. I could see the emptiness and hatred as she talked about this woman last night.

She still didn't tell me what she had done to her and I didn't force her to tell me as I didn't want to bring back the pain she was trying to bury in her broken heart to forget, to move on.

However, I didn't know if she could really forget what she had experienced with Raphael as I knew how cruel the mafia could be, both of us lived our whole lives in this dark life before we could escape.

"I'll pull you out of this life again, I promise," I mumbled, looking at the usb. stick in my hands.

When I found good stuff in that audio, the hacker in me wanted to be professional, so I broke into the room Lina got the notebook from and grabbed an usb. stick before I went back to work.

"You're still alive, I'm surprised he still hasn't killed you," Gabriela claimed with her arms crossed as I walked past her, heading to Lina's room.

Her comment made me stop in my movements and turn back to her. Smiling, I approached her, stopping in front of her, tilting my head at her.

"Awww! You look happy that I'm alive. How sweet that you care for me!" I said with a lot of sarcasm.

"Well, I wouldn't give a shit if he cut your throat or cut your tongue out for your boldness. You shouldn't underestimate him, my husband is a little sadistic, he doesn't hold himself back, there's no one to hold him back either, if he wants to kill you he'll do it. And I bet it won't be long before he gets rid of you, considering your recklessness," she huffed, rolling her eyes.

"Really? Well ... Gabriela, right?" I asked, and she nodded disinterestedly. "It looks like you love picking on people, annoying them. I think that's what people do when they don't have hobbies."

"I don't know what you mean," she claimed with an innocent smile. "You know exactly what I'm talking about, and you know what? You picked on the wrong person this time. You messed up my sister's life and hurt her. You stabbed her more than once and made her bleed. But guess what you didn't take into account? That she wasn't alone. What are you going to do now she has a bigger dog next to her to bite a Chihuahua like you? " I asked, before barking at her, startling her, making her stumble back.