Chapter 26

ONE WEEK LATER

Calina's pov

I woke up as the sun rays brightened my room and caressed my face. Frowning in annoyance as my sleep got disturbed, I turned on my other side, snuggling closer to my pillow.

I opened my eyes, as I couldn't sleep on, I was used to the darkness in the storage room and the lightning kept bothering me.

Sighing, I tried to sit up, but couldn't support myself with my right hand. I forgot it was chained to the bedpost.

I was moved to another room, to a guest room, after he started the whole procedure. Not that he cared about my well-being, but the doctor suggested it.

While I was semi-conscious I overheard their conversation. The doctor told him not to stress me out in order to make the whole procedure easier for them.

Therefore, he changed my room and stopped interrogating me. In all honesty, I'd rather be beaten every day than give him a child to turn into a monster like him.

Since a week, his men came and dragged me into the small operating room where I got chained to the birthing chair before I started to struggle to break free, praying I wouldn't get pregnant before losing consciousness as the doctor gave me a sedative to stop me from fighting in order to do his job.

Seriously, I got to a point in life where I was fed up, not caring about any consequences about my actions. And he knew it too, he could see it too as he looked in my empty eyes, where was just a vain as all my vitality was gone. That was also why he chained me to bed to prevent me from doing something stupid..

I somehow managed to sit up before leaning against the bedpost and closing my eyes, telling myself William was coming to save and not to lose hope. "What are you doing?" I heard Gabriela's voice and opened my eyes to see her grinning at me.

"Why are you here? Were you bored and decided to visit me to enjoy my miserable condition? Or do you want to poison me?" I asked her, pointing to the tray of food she was carrying in her hands. She just disgusted me.

"Why do you think so low of me?" she asked, playing offended, before putting the tray on the bedside table. "I have come to feed my stepdaughter or stepson. However, I hope the baby will be a boy because if it is a girl, it won't be any use for Raphael. You know, he needs a male heir to continue his legacy."

I hated the way she talked as she spoke of an innocent life as if it was an object that she could shape and form as she wanted.

"A baby is a human! Not a bloody product to your liking!" I hissed before huffed, and realizing who I was trying to explain the value of a life. Shaking my head, I decided not to waste my breath to explain her something her fish-head wouldn't comprehend anyway.

"You know what? You are both gross, but the perfect match for each other."

"I know! We were made for each other!" she said before putting the tray with the food on my lap. "Come on, eat! If there's a baby, it has to grow healthy."

I just turned my head away, ignoring her, hoping she'd leave me the fuck alone as I didn't have the energy to deal with her.

"You know what? I told you I'd be your nightmare, and now look at you, living a life like a nightmare," she muttered. I turned to look at her, seeing at her looking at me with a dark smile.

"Is that your work?" I asked her shocked, gesturing to my body. "Yes," she admitted, nodding her head, "I told him to use your body to produce him an heir, and I just hit two birds with one stone. He stopped bothering me for another child and you? You are paying for disrespecting me that day in the bathroom."