Chapter 41

•••EVENT DAY•••

Calina's pov

I looked at my reflection. I was put in a dress, got makeup on my face, and my straight hair was in a high pony tail. I was ready to accompany him.

And tonight I would make him pay for everything he did to me. He got me mad, almost mental.

And now?

Now, I wanted revenge.

He made me the mother of his child, but he never asked me if I wanted to. He made me his wife, but he never asked for my consent. He gave me his last name, but he didn't treat me as family.

He has robbed me of my rights, and made me his slave. He took everything away from me, but one thing he couldn't take away was my fighting spirit.

I wasn't going to stop fighting him until I would get rid of him, like I got rid of his previous wife. I was going to keep my promise I made to him during our wedding, I said until death parted us apart, and I'd make sure one of us died to break this bond, or should I say curse? .

Looking at my reflection in the mirror, I was reflected by blue, empty eyes that held so much pain and witnessed so many hurtful memories.

And the cause of those bad memories was called Raphael, soon I would be able to replace those terrible memories with better memories.

"Everything will be better after tonight," I smiled at my reflection in the mirror before leaving the bedroom and going downstairs.

I could see him waiting for me at the end of the stairs, looking at me as he noticed me go. He had cleaned up well, but he still looked disgusting in my eyes.

There was no way I would ever find him attractive after all the hideous things he had done to me. He was monster, named after an angel, but the devil was also once an angel too. There was actually no difference between him and the devil, he could actually go as the devil himself.

His dark eyes never left mine as I went down the stairs. He grabbed my hand and pulled me closer. "You look beautiful," he said, kissing my hand.

Biting my lip in order not to tell him piss off and stop touching me, I smiled at him, even if it was a fake one. I had to go to this event. This event was my ticked to freedom. "Thank you."

Kissing my head, he put his hand on my waist. "Let's go," he said, guiding me out. Yeah, let's go. Let my brothers screw you there.

"BRING ME A CHICA!" I heard William scream from the stairs as we walked to the front door.

"The only reason I don't break his neck is because of you," he gritted out as we walked out of the mansion to a limo.

"Thanks."

The driver opened the door and I quietly got into the limo, followed by Raphael right behind me. "Do I have to know anything else about this event?" I asked him, breaking the silence between us as the driver drove to the location.

"No, you don't have to know more than I already told you. Just stay by my side, do what I say and don't talk to people who don't ask you questions," he said shortly.

"Can I breathe?" I asked with sarcasm after he told me to play his slave there.

He looked at me, a challenging smile on his face, saying, "Of course, the air in our mansion is much better, let me take you home."

"Sorry," I apologized before he could tell the driver to turn around, "I'll do as you say." I gave in, and it was really hard to play his damn submissive little wife, but tonight everything would be over.