Chapter 39

Calina's pov

It was afternoon and Raphael went to the company after breakfast and didn't come back until late afternoon. I took advantage of his absence to visit William in his room.

I tried to keep my distance from William as he told me to keep my distance from him if I didn't want him to get hurt.

William was my family, my brother, and I didn't want to test whether he was bluffing or not. And I hardly doubted, that a man like him would bluff.

As I walked into his room, closing the door behind me, I was surprised at the scene before my eyes. "What the hell are you doing?" I asked him in confusion as he was doing a hand stand without any support.

"Shh," he shushed me, "this position and activity always helps me not to murder him or his men. It's like a calm-down-technique." I looked at him with my brows raised, sitting on the bed.

"I'm sure it does ... a crazy and strange position will help you not to kill him, I totally get it," I said with sarcasm, leaning against the bedpost, "just be careful not to get too much blood into your brain, otherwise it will get damaged before coming up with a plan to get out of here."

After a while he stopped , getting back on is feet, he snapped his fingers. "I got an idea!"

"And I am surprised that you really could come up with a plan by standing in this strange position," I muttered, looking at him curiously. "What is your plan?"

"When is your doctor's appointment?" he asked me and I frowned. "Today, later in the afternoon. Why? Are we going to escape during my doctor's appointment? How?" I asked him, biting my lip.

"No, even if it would be wonderful to leave this hell that soon," he sighed in frustration. "Then?" I asked him impatiently, wanting him to tell me the plan.

"Okay, you know he took the notebook away from me after we exposed Gabriela," he said and I nodded my head before a cheeky grin appeared on his face, "I took another one!"

"You broke in there again?" I asked him with a gasp. "Yes!" he wiggled his eyebrows and took a notebook from under the bed, "He even changed the alarm system there, but it was a walk in the park for me to break the new system too."

"If he finds out, you can say goodbye to your hands!" I hissed at him angrily. "Don't worry, we'll be gone until he finds out!" he claimed relaxed.

"How?" I asked again. "You know the annual meeting of leaders, the event, you know the one you had to attend with your family?"

"Yes," I said, nodding my head, "talking about event and family, could find out how my father died? And why Raphael hates Andrei's guts, not that I care, I don't like Andrei myself, even if he's my brother, but just out of curiosity."

"I did, I did the research with the notebook I've stolen from the IT-room you're so mad about, but do you see how much help this notebook is?" he asked, raising a brow, an arrogant grin playing on his lips.

"Alright, you're right, it seems like we need it," I gave him right with a sigh, rolling my eyes, "now, what did you find out?"

"Due to the medical reports, your father died because of a heart attack, Lina, and was buried a week ago," he told me. "Oh, must be because of his age ..." I muttered pensively.

"I don't think so," he said, shaking his head. "What do you mean?" I asked with a frown. "Your father's health was dope as hell, he didn't have any health issues, I mean, your dad had the libido of a twenty-year-old--"

"Okay! I get it," I interrupted him, not really caring about my father's libido, "so, you mean, his death reason isn't a heart attack? Something else?"

"It might be a heart attack, but not only ..."