Chapter 42

DURING THE EVENT

William's / Adrian's pov

As they left, I went back to my room. After all, it was game on time. I loved the cat and mouse game, even if this time I was not the cat, but the mouse, a smart mouse, a not catchable mouse.

As I walked into my room, I grabbed the steel vest and put it on before grabbing the gun and checking if it was loaded. After all, I wasn't stupid enough to go into battle without double-checking everything to make sure the plan went smoothly and without complications.

I grinned at the gun like a madman. I haven't used one since we escaped the mafia five years ago. When I held one of these babies in my arms, I felt quite excited. I couldn't wait to use them on these fuckers.

Killing was never a problem for me as long as I was killing people who deserved to die. And these people in this mansion certainly deserved to die. I would be honored to purge the world of people who worked for a bastard like him.

His men deserved no mercy and I wouldn't show them any. They didn't try to help her. He judged her on false information. She paid for the betrayal of his dead ex-wife, and they watched this bastard abuse her.

However, I couldn't understand how he could be fooled by a woman. I understood that she had help from her lover, who was a well-known trader of arms. Still, he was stupid if he couldn't see what was going on in his own household.

Seriously, who was I kidding? He was as stupid as a pigeon. He couldn't notice his wife was using Lina to cover herself up. Now, he still did not notice who we were, which was very lucky for us, otherwise he would hold our leashes tighter.

Though, he finally did something smart, and hired a man with a brain, Denise Amali, and it wouldn't take long for this fucker to find out who we were. Then, we would be screwed.

Why? If this fucker found out what Calina and I have done in the past, aka escaping the wedding by playing dead, and told Raphael, and if Raphael told her brothers, her brothers wouldn't help her.

Therefore, I had to flee and get Lina out of her brothers mansion before Denise found out about our true identity.

Sitting on the bed, I opened the notebook, I've already hacked into their security system yesterday in order not to waste time today.

"Let's close the lights, I like to play in the dark," I mumbled, grinning excitedly, turning off the lights in every room in the mansion with just one click.

Then, I put the notebook in my backpack along with the machine gun as I would get too much attention walking around the mansion with a machine gun in my hand.

"Maybe next time," I said sadly to the gun before zipping my backpack. I put the silencer on the little gun before leaving my room.

His men were running around, trying to solve the problem, idiots. I walked in silence towards the garage, trying to avoid his men wherever I could, I was a little too lazy and in no mood to fight anyway.

As I successfully entered the garage without being stopped by one of his fuckers, I saw Sergio. While I saw him playing with the buttons in the black box to turn the lights back on, I got an idea.

My eyes wandered around the garage to see if anyone was still there. As I was sure it was just him and I, I approached him quietly.

When I was right behind him, I whistled, which made him turn around. I didn't give him a moment to react and just slapped him right in the face. As he stumbled back, I grabbed his head, before he could pull himself together from the blow, and hit it into the black box, knocking him off. "Good night," I patted his head, before grabbing him under his armpits.