Chapter 13

THAT'S THE SAME DAY ALESSANDRO'S ACCIDENT HAPPENED

Calina's pov

Today was the best day of my life. I was going to receive my medical degree. Now, I only had to do a five-year fellowship in a hospital to become a real doctor, but I already achieved so much in life.

I reminded the day of my graduation of high-school, that day I thought my life was over, but little did I know it was just the start to everything.

A smile appeared on my lips as the director of the university called my name to hand me over my degree. I walked up to her before I got on stage. "Congratulations, Ms. Turgenev," the director said, handing me my degree.

"Thank you," I said with a big smile, taking it. Then, I stepped off the stage, returning back to my seat as everyone applauded for my success.

"I was recording every second, don't worry! Now you can proudly show your kids, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren how you graduated from medicine," she said, literally tossing the camera at me when as director called her name. "Record me too! Every second!"

Rolling my eyes in amusement, I grabbed the camera she threw at me, recording how she took her degree before coming back and sitting next to me.

Before I could give her the camera back, she took it from my hands. "Did you record me?" she asked, watching the recording.

"Yes, I did," I told her, nodding my head. "Oh my god! I look damn fine!" she said, making me laugh. "Yes, you do," I said with a smile.

When everyone graduated, we left the building. As we tossed our hats in the air, we saw William waiting for us in the parking lot with his arms crossed, leaning on the car, looking at us with a proud smile.

I walked up to him while Emma ran to him before throwing herself into his arms, kissing him. "Babe! We finally graduated! I'm finally a doctor now!" she said happily after pulling away from the kiss.

"We're still not really doctors, Emma. We still have to do a five-year scholarship in a hospital," I reminded her as I was standing next to them now.

"I know, but let's not think too much about the damn fellowship and celebrate what we've achieved so far! We're going to be damn doctors, we've already graduated!" she said excitedly, making William look at her with a frown.

"Oh no! We're not celebrating it in a fucking club! Every time we go clubbing, I can take care of your drunken asses afterwards, and we always leave an injured person behind," he said seriously, shaking his head.

"Then, how do you celebrate if not in a club baby?" Emma asked dramatically. "We can celebrate your graduation in my shop, I can bake a cake for you," he suggested.

"You're so cute, but you can bake us a cake tomorrow! Today, we're going to a fucking club to celebrate our graduation!" she said firmly, before kissing his lips and getting into the car. "Drive to my place, baby!"

"Why didn't your parents come to your graduating?" I asked her curiously as they were living in the same neighbourhood like us. "They have better things to do, like a trip to the Caribbean," she shrugged.

"They planned the trip on your graduation day?" I asked her with a frown. "No, they won it," she muttered shortly, obviously not wanting to talk about her parents, "whatever, come on, babe! Drive!"

Biting my lip, I kept silent, feeling bad for her. I already knew her relationship with her parents weren't the best, as she told me many time how her parents neglected her and she grow up herself.