Chapter 46

Adrian's / William's pov

I was standing on a tunnel. And a certain asshole had to go through that tunnel to take my sister to his so-called home. However, I would allow him to lock her and torture her again over my dead body.

Still, I didn't get how stupid I could be, how I could let her down. As she called me while being in his captivity, and talked to me, I thought she was fine, and just tired from work.

However, I fool couldn't notice that her voice was sad, and not tired. As we were younger, children, we promised to be always there for each other.

We hardly had anyone in this world, except each other. She was there for me in my first murder. She was the one who hugged me and told me I wasn't a monster as I had to kill someone. She understood I was forced to kill. She didn't look at me like I was some kind of animal.

Calina's love made me survive through my darkest times. She looked at me like I was her family, she embraced me as her family, she allowed me to be her brother.

Now, I had to help my sister to survive through her darkest times. I had to help her get rid of that bastard.

I didn't care if I died in this battle as long as she was free from that sick asshole. "Is that him?" Roberto asked me, bringing me back from my thoughts. Using my binoculars, I saw three black vans driving towards us.

"Yeah, can you see which car my sister is in?" I asked him as he was looking into the cars from the sniper.

"I only see men, wait in the middle car, is she's the one on Raphael Morelli's lap?" he asked, whistling. "He literally can't keep his hands off her." My jaw clenched at his words, I just wanted to kill this bastard apart.

"Just start killing the drivers or crush the cars without harming the one where she is," I gritted out as they were driving towards us. The fuckers couldn't see us because we were protected from a huge traffic sign right at the beginning of the tunnel.

"I can't believe you convinced me to shoot Raphael Morelli, why am I helping you again?" he asked, starting to look at his targets with his sniper.

I had one of the best snipers next to me, Raphael was fucked. And no, I didn't blackmail him with sex tapes, he owed me because I had saved his life.

"You're really asking me that? You owe me you idiot," I huffed, "remember how I saved your ass, helped you get out, from my boss's mansion when you almost got caught stealing that damn document from his office?"

I was almost always loyal to Dimitri Ivanov but sometimes I had to play on both sides of the fence to have people, useful people by my side, for dire situations like this as I knew I had to be always prepared in this shitty world.

"Yes, I remember," he smiled, "you are really something else, hacker. You punched me in the face and dropped me outside of the mansion next to the trash can where I was picked up from a garbage truck the next morning and woke up surrounded full of garbage."

"You should be grateful for the free ride home," I chuckled, as I found it still amusing every time I remembered it.

"Yeah, just for your information for the next time you wanna arrange me a ride home, I don't live in a fucking landfill site!"

He shot the first driver in the first car, causing the car to go in circles before going off the cliff, and falling into the sea. "When we're done here, I don't owe you anything, hacker!"

"Touché," I claimed and shot the squib when there was enough distance between the two cars where Lina was in.

"I won't be able to shoot the driver, he ducked! How the hell can a person drive like that?" he asked irritably. Grabbing my sniper, I looked at the car, and he was right, he was literally ducking while driving!