Chapter 9

Calina's pov

I read my answers on the exam sheet one last time before getting up from my seat and going to the professor to hand her my sheet.

That was my first exam and I was proud of myself for doing so good as I had a good feeling that it'll be more than positive.

"You have twenty minutes left, Ms. Turgenev. You really want to give your exam that early? I would suggest you use the twenty minutes to review your answers. Perhaps you will find something you want to change?" Mrs. Baker suggested me.

"I already looked at my answer when I finished and I couldn't find anything to change or add," I said with a smile, handing her my exam.

"All right, thank you Ms. Turgenev," she mumbled, looking at my exam paper. "Have a great day, Mrs. Baker," I said before leaving the exam room.

I left the building and sat under a tree. Then, I took an apple out of my bag, taking a bite while waiting for Emma.

Day after day I trusted her more. We talked about our problems and studied together for exams. I literally got to know everything about her as she trusted me wholeheartedly, keeping no secrets from me.

She was my best friend, and I felt bad that I couldn't share my secrets with her, like she did with me. I wanted to tell her about my identity.

I often thought of telling her who I really was, but I was afraid of her reaction. I was scared she'd go to the police and they would take our fingerprints to identify us. Then, if the police found out who we are, we would be in serious trouble.

Not only would we be brought in front of the justice to justify our cruel acts, but my father would be after us too after finding out we were alive, and I didn't even want to imagine what he would do with us if he got his hands on us.

I really wanted to trust Emma, but the risks, if she betrayed us, were too high, therefore, I couldn't tell her anything decisive about myself.

I knew only if William agreed with telling her would be the right time as he always knew if the time was right, or not.

"Oh my God! I'm so happy that the exam is over," I heard Emma's voice, making me come back from my thoughts to see her frown at me and snap her fingers in front of my face. "Hi! From Emma to Lina! Are you there or are you in your own world?"

"Stop it! I'm here," I said, chuckling, pushing her hand away. "Well, let's go. My sexy cook will be waiting for us," she said, helping me up from the ground.

"Sexy cook? Is that your new nickname for William?" I asked her in laughter. She also had strange nicknames for him, making me feel sorry for William at times.

"Yeah, he's sexy and a cook, after he opened his coffee shop today, which makes him a sexy cook," she said smartly.

"How creative you are!" I said sarcastically as we walked to her car. "I know," she winked before we got into the car and drove to the store.

"I wonder if he's doing good, I kinda felt bad that we couldn't be there at the opening," I muttered, leaning my head against the window.

"We had an exam and his impatient juicy ass should wait a day more if he wanted us to be there," she claimed, making me giggle.

"Your obsession for his ass has to stop, get therapy," I joked, shaking my head. "Well, I'm not complaining," she shrugged with a grin, "it's the best thick-"

"Okay, I really don't need to know this," I interrupted her, making her laugh and turn the radio on.

*****