[four]

"I can't-"

"Hey [y/n], it's okay to lose... Not everybody will win all the time."

"But... but I'm supposed to be able to save the ball! They put their trust in me!"

"[y/n]-"

"We could have won the match if I was more careful and-"

"[y/n]-"

"I... I... could-"

"[y/n]! Listen to me okay!"

"..."

"People make mistakes. You can't avoid them. After all, we are only human... Losing a match doesn't mean the end of the world. A volleyball team has six players, you're not alone. Nobody would blame you for not being able to save a ball!"

"I... I..."

"The only thing you can do is train harder! Believe in yourself and your team!"

"I'm sorry, Nii-chan..."

"[y/n], no one is invincible. No one is unbeatable. Every time you fall, you have to find a way to get back up. You've gotta do all you can to stay on the court, to keep playing volleyball!"

"..."

"Why do you play volleyball?"

══════✮❁•°♛°•❁✮ ══════

"Because I love the sport with my whole heart..."

"Nice serve, [l/n]!"

The exhilarating rush when the volleyball is in their hands. The excitement of the game when they play. Everyone on the court had trained hard to stay on the court.

[y/n] bounced the ball a few times and took a few steps backwards from the line. The whistle was blown, signalling for the game to commence. [y/n] took a deep breath to calm himself down before throwing the ball into the air. He ran forwards and jumped up, his hand connecting with the ball with immense strength, sending it to the other side of the court.

Someone tried to receive the ball but wasn't able to send it back up in the air. It hit his hands and flew out of the court instead.

"A service ace!"

His team cheered and congratulated him.

The game continued and Karasuno was in the lead for the first time today.

Hinata and Kageyama's freak quick was all successful today. Nobody had managed to block the ball yet. [y/n] was always there to save the ball and cover up the team's hole. Kageyama had been doing quite well too. His accuracy were all on point today. Overall, Karasuno was doing quite well.

Right now, their score was 21 -24 with Karasuno in the lead.

Kageyama did a jump serve. Shinzen High's #11 received the ball and sent it up in the air. Another one received and sent it to the setter who tossed it to Eikichi. Hinata jumped and managed to touch the ball a little before he bolted off to the other side of the court.

"Eikichi! Stop their #10!" The Captain shouted.

Eikichi bolted off after Hinata, who jumped, ready to spike. Kageyama tossed the ball to Hinata and Hinata spiked it across, hitting Eikichi's fingers. He hadn't been able to block the ball but [y/n] was surprise that he was fast enough to touch it a little. If they had played a little longer, he would probably have been able to block the freak duo's attack.