[thirty-one]

"I still can't believe we won," [y/n] chuckled to himself as he splashed water onto his face. He slowly stood up straight and turned the water tap.

He stared at his own reflection for a while, noting how the dark eye circles had faded a little, probably thanks to the lessening nightmares. A small smile sat on his face, though it was strained. It never quite reached his [e/c] eyes. [y/n] sighed and dropped the facade, a frown replacing the strained smile.

"What am I thinking?" [y/n] murmured under his breath, gripping the sides of the basin tightly and squeezed his eyes shut. "Of course they would win. They aren't wingless crows anymore."

He opened his eyes again, staring at his reflection with a blank look. Slowly, a smile spread across his face, but it looks forced. [y/n] tried again. He stood up straight at the tenth try, finally satisfied with how it looks, before he wiped his face with a towel and slowly made his way towards the second floor where his teammates were.

Even after so many months of faking a smile, [y/n] still hasn't master the art.

His feelings were confusing him. Karasuno had won their match, so wasn't he feeling happy?

[y/n] banished the thought from his head as he sat down besides Kageyama. He didn't bother greeting his teammates, since they looked invested in Seijoh and Date Tech's game. Instead, his eyes made its way towards Shiratorizawa, who had all just finished their own match. As expected, Shiratorizawa had snatched another game from another team. They made their way out of the court, bright smiles present on most of their faces.

He turned his attention towards the last match of the quarterfinals. Seijoh and Date Tech were already on their second set, and Seijoh currently has the lead.

Oikawa used an underhand hit to send it to Matsukawa, who did the toss instead.

"Oikawa!" He shouted as he tossed it.

Oikawa started running, and at the same time, Date Tech's #1 and #2 started running to block him as well.

'The Iron Wall of Date Tech...'

[y/n]'s eyes widened when he saw how fast the two of them reacted. He briefly remember Kageyama telling him about their match against Date Tech in the last Interhigh.

They jumped after Oikawa did, raising their hands high up to block. Oikawa prepared to swing his hand down when Date Tech's setter ran and jumped before Oikawa could hit the ball, closing in on that open spot.

The setter managed to block the ball. It landed on the wooden floor before anyone could react, scoring Date Tech one point.

Kageyama and Hinata gasped loudly besides [y/n], who gave them a side glance.

'Aren't they nicknamed the Iron Wall...? What's so surprising about it?'

He turned his attention back to the game, in time to see the setter knocking into #1, who knocked into #2. #2 landed on the ground, instead of landing on his feet like the other two. He slowly sat up, an annoyed look on his face.

"That is..." Someone started. [y/n] snapped his head towards the direction of that voice, finding a raven haired male wearing a dark teal blazer and a yellow tie. He had a smug smile on his face as he continued. "...our new iron wall... Koganegawa."

'New Iron Wall...' [y/n] thought, staring at Koganegawa. 'That must be why they were shocked just now...'

"The Iron Wall..." [y/n] started, grabbing his teammates attention. "Must be a spiker's nightmare."

Asahi shivered at [y/n]'s words.

"It's an Iron Wall, but it's not unbreakable," Kageyama said.