[five]

It was a timeout during the match between Karasuno and Ubugawa.

"All right! Our opponents still aren't able to counter your weird quick attack so keep on using it!" Coach Ukai told Kageyama and Hinata.

[y/n] wiped the beads of sweat rolling down his forehead with the back of his hand until Yachi handed him a towel.

"Thanks, Yachi," the [h/c] male told the girl.

The team turned their attention to the ongoing match between Fukurodani and Nekoma. Fukurodani's ace, Bokuto Koutarou was doing as well as [y/n] expected. After all, he was one of the top five aces in the Miyagi Prefecture.

Nekoma managed to keep the ball in the air.

"Kenma! Cover!"

"Left! Give it to me!" The same silver-headed male [y/n] saw yesterday shouted to their setter. Kenma glanced backwards before tossing the ball to him.

He jumped and spiked the ball while everyone stared at him, gobsmacked. A slide hit...? [y/n] recognised that technique, his brother had shown him how to do it before. At the thought of his brother, [y/n] shook his head, trying to forget what he was thinking earlier before it could get to him.

"That was an unplanned slide hit?!" Kageyama said in surprise.

Hinata seemed like he remembered something. He kept staring at Lev, before murmuring something under his breath, "Center ace..."

[y/n] realised Hinata had been acting a bit different from how he was before. He wasn't sure what happened to him.

[y/n] sighed before turning his attention back to the other teams.

In order to stay on the court, you have to win.

And in order to win, Karasuno must improve.

And [y/n] was here to make sure they do.

══════✮❁•°♛°•❁✮ ══════

"Our first game is with Nekoma," Coach Ukai stated. "How did we do in yesterday's match?" He asked Kiyoko, who opened her book to check.

"This will be our third set overall with Nekoma. Yesterday, we played two sets with them. The scores were 17 - 25 and 19- 25, both our losses."

"Simply to put it," Coach Ukai started, "We haven't won any set against them. But if we calm down and go out there in full force, they should be our opponents we can fight on equal footing."

"Hinata and Kageyama, this is your first Nekoma set in a while, isn't it? Go show them what you've got."

"Right!" They shouted.

"And [y/n]," Coach Ukai turned to him. "I would like you to sit out this match."

"Ehh!" The team shouted in surprise. Taking [y/n] out is like taking away the winning card from the pile.

"There's some things that I would like to discuss with you."

The whistle was blow. The team left as the game was about to start. [y/n] sat down beside Coach Ukai, wondering what on Earth he wanted to discuss with him.

"I've heard that you analyse strategies and create simulations to help your team to practice." Behind them, the game started. [y/n] stared at Ukai, wondering how he found out.

"I've been thinking about implementing a few new strategies that I've gotten from the teams here," he continued before adding, "And I would like for you to help me out."