[thirteen]

"#4!"

Bokuto jumped and spiked the ball with amazing power. It hit Hinata's hand and flew sideways, landing in Karasuno's side of the court. A point was given to Fukurodani.

As Takeda-sensei called a timeout, [y/n] followed his teammates out of the court and to the bench, yawning at the same time too.

"You should have slept earlier yesterday," Kageyama commented bluntly besides [y/n], who just yawned again with a sleepy look.

"I-I-" Before [y/n] could continue, a yawn took over. He sighed after the yawn, glancing at Kageyama. "I needed to do some research."

"Tch, what research is more important than a good night sleep before another day of intense training," Kageyama said, rolling his eyes at the shorter male.

[y/n] had immediately rushed to do some research on volleyball teams after practicing with Kuroo, Bokuto and Akaashi. Even though he spent most of his night researching, [y/n] still wasn't satisfied.

[b/n] helped him. [y/n] wanted to return the favour and chance his brother had given him so long ago by letting his brother play volleyball again.

The team crowded around Coach Ukai.

"Even if you're not able to stop #4's spikes, at least try to touch it."

"Right!"

"We don't have to stop it."

Karasuno turned towards the direction of the voice, recognising it as Tsukishima's. They were a little surprised at his words since Tsukishima has never really bothered to comment or add anything during timeouts.

Ukai was the first to regain himself. "Well..." he said, smirking. "If you're able to shut the ball out, there's nothing better."

As the whistle was blown, signalling the end of the short timeout, the team entered the court again. [y/n] couldn't help but glance at Tsukishima. The conversation he had with Kuroo, Bokuto and Akaashi yesterday must have awaken something.

The game continued, with Fukurodani still in the lead.

Karasuno served the ball this time, sending it over to Fukurodani's side. #11 managed to receive the ball cleanly, sending it to Akaashi.

"Nice receive!" Bokuto shouted with a smile. "Give it to me!"

"Left! #4 #4!" Daichi shouted, running over the the net together with Tsukishima, waiting to jump at the right time.

[y/n] stayed behind, getting ready to receive the ball in case the block didn't work.

As Bokuto jumped up to spike, Tsukishima and Daichi jumped too. For a moment, [y/n] caught a look of surprise on Bokuto's face before he hit the ball-

Softly.

"Feint!" [y/n] shouted, hoping Nishinoya, who was the closest can get it in time. However, the ball hit the ground before Nishinoya could touch it.

"Damn it!" Nishinoya cried out in frustration.

"Damn..." [y/n] trailed off, turning his attention to Bokuto, who was cheering with his teammates. The way Bokuto was positioned, it looked like he was going to hit a powerful attack. [y/n]'s forehead furrowed as he thought about it. Tsukishima's blocking form has improved. Kuroo must have taught him yesterday, [y/n] decided. It must have pressured Bokuto a little so he decided to do a feint.

Bokuto was amazing in a way. Being able to think that fast wasn't an easy feat.

"This is what a top five spiker is like," [y/n] gritted his teeth in frustration.