[twelve]

"Hey, Daichi's gonna get mad..." Sugawara desperately tried to stop the fight between Tsukishima and Nishinoya.

[y/n] plopped down besides Yamaguchi, still half asleep as he stared at the fighting Tsukishima and Nishinoya. [y/n] couldn't really keep his eyes open as he slowly fell back into a slumber, slamming his face against the table in the process, scaring his teammates into silence. The pain woke [y/n] up. He let out a shout and scrambled up from his seat, hand shooting to his red forehead.

He heard Tsukishima snickered and others trying to contain their laughter. Being as good as ever, Sugawara bit his tongue to prevent himself from laughing as he helped the dizzy [y/n] to sit down.

Then the training started.

So did Karasuno's losing streak.

"GO!" Daichi shouted, clapping his hands. The team ran up the hill together.

They lost the next game, the next game, the game after... and the rest of the matches they participated in.

After continuously losing and completing their penalty, Karasuno's members were out of breath and exhausted. [y/n] lay on the floor, too tired to do anything else. He thanked Sugawara who passed him his bottle and was about to start drinking when a shout caught his attention.

"Everyone!" The managers walked in with a smile on their faces and plates of watermelons in their hands. "The parents from Shinzen High gave us some watermelons!"

Everyone in the gymnasium gaped at the delicious fruit in front of their eyes. They gathered outside and was each handed a watermelon slice. [y/n] sat beside Hinata, munching on his watermelon as he watched Lev spit out watermelon seeds cleanly.

"Oh! That's amazing!" Hinata shouted and decided to try it out himself. [y/n] decided to go back into the gymnasium since he was about to finish his watermelon, not wanting to get any watermelon seeds in his hair in case Hinata fails.

[y/n] followed Tsukishima in, occasionally glancing at the tall boy as he remembered yesterday's incident. [y/n] sighed a little, not knowing how to interfere and talk to Tsukishima.

The matches continued, and their losing streak increased each match. [y/n]'s legs were barely able to support his body at the end of the day. He sat down at the side of the gymnasium, resting as he watched the others team up to do their own practices.

"Hey four-eyes! Would you like to help us out with spiking practice again?" Bokuto asked Tsukishima enthusiastically.

"I'm sorry," Tsukishima sighed, walking away. "I'll pass."

Bokuto's smile dropped before he turned to Kuroo.

"Kuroo!"

"Aww man..."

"I haven't even said anything yet!" Bokuto shouted angrily. "[l/n]! What about you?!"

"I'm coming..." [y/n] sighed, pushing himself up from the ground. Bokuto beamed and [y/n]'s answer and slung his arm over the shorter boy's shoulder, dragging him to their destination. Kuroo followed behind them, snickering something along the lines about [y/n]'s misfortune.

══════✮❁•°♛°•❁✮ ══════

"TSUKKI!"

[y/n] was practicing halfway together with Kuroo, Akaashi and Bokuto when he heard Yamaguchi's shout. He completely forgot that Akaashi had just tossed the ball to Bokuto and didn't jump together with Kuroo to block the ball.