[eleven]

The conversation earlier had triggered a lot of old memories. Those nostalgic memories of [y/n] and his brother that he had buried and locked away from his brain.

[b/n] helped him.

So he was going to do the same.

[y/n] took out his phone, gripping it hard as he clicked into his text messages.

1 unread message
[mum]
Your physical age is 16. Doesn't mean that you're mentally 16 either.

"Alright," [y/n] sighed under his breath. His heart was pumping wildly as he typed in the first letter into the text-box. "Don't chicken out now... your brother needs you..." [y/n] murmured. It was hard to type when his hands were shaking badly. It took [y/n] quite a while to finish the sentence. He quickly sent it before he could give up and run away again.

[y/n]

Mum... there's something I need to tell you. It's really important and serious.

[y/n] had the urged to just toss the phone into the drain nearby and destroy the evidence of what he wrote. The waiting for a reply made his urge worst as the seconds passed. [y/n] collapsed down on the grassy field, barely able to concentrate on anything besides his wild heartbeat and the screen in front of him.

Why was he so nervous?

It's just a simple message.

A precaution.

It seemed like an hour had past, but in reality, it had only been a few minutes. A ding sounded from his phone, signalling an incoming message.

[mum]
What is it?

'Don't mess this up...'

[y/n]

It's about [b/n].

'You can't give up now...'

[y/n]

Ushijima and Semi, [b/n]'s friends came to visit me not long ago. They told me... something about [b/n].

The double ticks beside his messages were blue, which meant his mother was reading. [y/n] gulped, wondering how he should frame the next sentence properly.

[y/n]

He's been absent from classes for the past two weeks. Nobody knows where he is.

[mum]
Are you sure? His teachers would have caught on if he was absent without a reason. None of them contacted me.

[y/n]

Ushijima is his classmate. He said [b/n]'s been absent for two weeks... He could be just bluffing though...

[mum]
I will check in with his teachers tomorrow. And ask him about it later. Anything else?

[y/n]

According to Ushijima and Semi... they said... he could be suicidal.

[y/n] knew his mother read that message, but she didn't reply immediately like the rest of the conversation they had before. It must be a lot to take in, after all, it was for [y/n] too. He sat on the ground, head hung low as he waited for the next message.