[thirty-four]

Frustration fuelled him.

It affected his gameplay, causing him to make more mistakes than usual.

[y/n] knows it. The rest of the team probably realised it as well.

Then why hadn't they switch him out with Tanaka? It was obvious [y/n] was causing them to lose more points than if Tanaka was the one playing instead.

He had failed a serve just now, getting it caught up in the net. And then his spike got blocked.

[y/n]'s feet touched the ground, trying his best to ignore the surprise look Kindaichi had on his face as the ball slammed back into Karasuno's court.

The Angel's spike, had just been blocked. It wasn't that it had never happened before. [y/n] was never invincible. But Kindaichi blocked it. Kindaichi, who had never been able to get at least a one-touch from [y/n]'s spikes back in Kitagawa Daiichi.

The surprise look on Kindaichi's face morphed into happiness. [y/n] glanced away, feeling even more frustrated than he was in the beginning.

Aside from [y/n], the rest of the team did well though.

It suddenly felt like junior high all over again. His feet was tied up and he was stuck to the ground, while the rest of his team was getting further and further ahead.

The Fallen Angel.

Something was wrong, but [y/n] couldn't exactly understand why he was feeling so frustrated. He wanted to grip his hair, pull it out, anything to keep him occupied from the old memories eating away his sanity, slowly.

But [y/n] suppressed it, choosing to put on a small smile instead as he congratulated Asahi for his successful spike.

The game went on, with Karasuno still in the lead. Seijoh had occasionally gotten a tie with Karasuno, but they had always managed to pull ahead.

Nishinoya received the ball cleanly, sending it to Kageyama.

"[y/n]!"

[y/n] did his run up, jumping up as high as he could as Kageyama tossed to him. He took about a second to assess his opponents' position before spiking. Though he had been too worked up, missing Kindaichi.

[y/n] landed on the ground, his eyes on the ball he had just spiked, hitting Kindaichi's fingers, getting Seijoh a one-touch. Their libero easily saved the ball, sending it to Oikawa.

22 - 21

Karasuno was still in the lead, however, Seijoh was slowly catching up.

Oikawa tossed to Kindaichi, who jumped up to spike it. However, it was blocked by Hinata. Watari dived for it, though he was too late. The ball hit the ground, scoring Karasuno one point.

"Alright!"

"Nice block, Hinata!" [y/n] said, grinning at the orange haired male.

He turned away from the team and clenched his jaw. If it wasn't for Hinata, they might have lost this one point, and get a tie with Seijoh.

If Karasuno wants to take the first set, [y/n] first had to calm down. He inhaled deeply, letting his body relax to calm himself down.

The game continued. This time, Kindaichi spiked again, though none of the Karasuno members could react in time to receive the ball.

'I could have saved it.'

[y/n] thought, staring at where the ball landed.

Hopeless.