[twenty-one]

"Let's play!"

[y/n]'s eyes lingered on Kakugawa's #9, his [h/c] eyes watching the tall player intensely as Tsukishima got ready to serve behind him.

"Nice serve, Tsukishima!"

The ball made its way over the net and Kakugawa's #4 received the ball, sending it over to their setter.

"Hyakuzawa!" The setter shouted. The tall male started running forwards as [y/n], Kageyama and Hinata stood in front of him, preparing to jump and block the ball.

They jumped the same time Hyakuzawa jumped, ready to block the course of the ball-

Only for it to fly over them.

[y/n]'s eyes widened as the sound of the ball hitting the ground sounded behind him. Nobody had been able to react fast enough to receive the cross.

"Damn it, his height is going to be more of a problem than I thought," said [y/n] to Kageyama, clenching his fists in frustration as he glared at Hyakuzawa. "We better do something about it fast."

It was Kakugawa's side to serve. The ball flew over to Daichi, who received it. Though it went back to Kakugawa's side instead.

"Coming in from the left!" Daichi shouted as Hyakuzawa started running.

"Hyakuzawa!"

[y/n], Hinata and Kageyama jumped up again to block, though Hyakuzawa spiked the ball towards where Nishinoya was standing.

Nishinoya managed to receive the ball. "Sorry, cover!"

[y/n] jumped in, his eyes glancing backwards to see Hinata free. "Hinata!" [y/n] shouted, sending it over to Hinata with an underhand dig.

Three blockers jumped up in response to Hinata, who raised his right hand, preparing to do a dink to get over the blockers. The dink was almost successful, until the ball hit Hyakuzawa's palm. For a moment, everyone froze, staring at the ball in surprise. Before they could react, it fell back into their court, giving one point to Kakugawa.

"Don't mind, don't mind," Daichi said, trying to reassure Hinata.

"Next, next!"

"Alright, let's get this one!"

[y/n] turned his attention on Hyakuzawa, eyeing the male. If Karasuno don't find a way to counter this now, this will certainly be their doom.

'Thinking about his plays...'

[y/n]'s eyes narrowed before he turned back to his teammates.

'He isn't very good...'

[y/n] walked towards Daichi, patting his captain on the shoulder to grab his attention before whispering to him. "I've noticed that Kakugawa's #9 isn't a very good player, probably due to him having just started playing volleyball... His team seemed to be protecting him from having to receive the ball and..."

[y/n] hesitated, turning to glance at Hyakuzawa before turning back to Daichi. "I'm not sure about this yet... but I think he can only hit a cross."

"I think it's better for us to continue to watch him for now, until we are sure..." Daichi said, nodding his head.

"If we can't block, then we will have to receive his spikes instead..."

The whistle was blown and it was Kakugawa's side to serve again. Daichi managed to receive the ball, sending it to Kageyama smoothly.

"Left!" [y/n] shouted, starting to run forwards before he jumped. Three blockers towered over him, staring down at him. [y/n] gritted his teeth and spiked the ball hard. One of the blockers managed to touch it, sending it flying on top of the net.