[nineteen]

August 11.

The Japanese National High School Volleyball Tournament, otherwise known as the High School Spring Tournament. The first preliminaries of the Miyagi Qualifiers starts today.

[y/n] stepped out of the bus with the rest of his team, trembling in excitement as he studied the building in front of him. His eyes scanned the crowd, glancing at the schools that were crowded around the entrance, having just arrived at the gymnasium around.

He was finally here.

A sudden figure zoomed past him, catching [y/n]'s attention. He realised it was Hinata from his bright orange hair, holding his stomach with a sick look as he rushed through the crowd.

"Is he okay?" [y/n] asked Ennoshita worriedly, pointing at Hinata from afar.

"Don't worry, it's quite normal. Hinata will be fine during the match," Ennoshita replied, waving his hand with a small smile.

[y/n] shrugged, deciding to trust the older male's words as he followed the team into the gymnasium. On the way, Hinata came back to them, looking better than before, though he was quite pale and sickly looking.

They stayed at the corner of the hallway, resting and preparing for their first match. [y/n] sat in a butterfly pose, scrolling through his phone. Most of them were quiet and deep in their own thoughts, mentally preparing themselves to face off their opponents later. Yamaguchi and Hinata were trembling badly, probably due to nerves. Tsukishima merely just watched them with a bored look, not bothering to try and comfort them or something.

Well, that's Tsukishima. Nobody really expects him to comfort someone.

[akaashi]
Good luck!

[y/n]

Thank you Akaashi-san. Good luck too!

[mum]
Good luck [y/n]! I'm so proud of you!

[y/n]

Haha! Thanks! I promise to come back with satisfying victories! And then you can boost all you want about your 'amazing athletic son'!

[y/n] smiled, locking his phone before stuffing it into his bag. He stood up, glancing around to find three other males from other school, staring at Karasuno and talking between themselves. Their eyes briefly met when the familiar nickname 'Fallen Angel' was heard from one of them before the three glanced away quickly, embarrassed to have been caught gossiping about Karasuno.

[y/n] rolled his eyes before he turned his attention to Hinata, who walked in front of him, towards Yamaguchi and Tsukishima.

"H-Hinata, are you okay?" Yachi asked worriedly.

"Yep, I'm fine," Hinata said, assuring Yachi. "I threw up on the way here, so I feel better."

Tsukishima smirked, "Of course you'd feel sick after eating all those pork bowls for breakfast."

It irked Hinata, who shot back at Tsukishima angrily. "It's normal to eat pork cutlets on game days!"

"And by 'normal', you mean..."

Before Tsukishima could finish, Kageyama cut in angrily. "Boke! Hinata, you stupid dumbass!"

"I-I feel like I'm going to puke too, after remembering Hinata puking..." Yamaguchi said, covering his mouth with his hand.