[seventeen]

"[l/n], your brother jumped off a building."

[y/n]'s mouth hanged open as he stared at the ground, his vision fading in and fading out as his chest tightened.

He can't lose him again.

"[l/n]!" [y/n] managed to break out of his trance, his head snapping to the direction of the voice. Kiyoko bent down beside [y/n], his phone in her hand. "Are you okay?" She asked, her soothing voice managed to calm [y/n] a little as he nodded slowly.

He slowly took back his phone and pressed it to his ear, shaking a little as he waited for Ushijima to continue.

"He is alive and in the hospital right now... but in a critical condition."

Alive.

[y/n] let out a breath of relief, calming down enough to be able to talk. "S-so... he's okay? And... and is mum and uncle with him?"

"Yes..."

[y/n] conversed with Ushijima for a while, nodding every few seconds as Ushijima updated him with [b/n]'s current situation.

"I will update you if anything new happens."

"Thank you Ushijima-san," [y/n] said. He let out a sigh before continuing, "I guess I will see you soon." He waited a while before he hanged up the call, taking a few deep breaths before standing up.

"Is everything okay?" Kiyoko asked worriedly.

"Umm... yeah..." [y/n] trailed off nervously. "It was just some family stuff..."

Lies.

"Go get some rest," Coach Ukai suggested. "Whatever happened must had been quite shocking to you."

[y/n] nodded and thanked Coach Ukai and Kiyoko before he walked to where the others were standing. None of them said anything, but he knew they were staring at him worriedly whenever they thought he wasn't looking.

A high pitched sound sounded, signalling the end of the Fukurodani verses Karasuno match. Fukurodani had won, with Karasuno lacking by two points. [y/n]'s expression was grim as he followed his team to do their last penalty before the barbecue treat.

They finished their penalty and was resting when someone patted [y/n] on the shoulder. "Hey, is everything okay?" Kageyama asked curiously. He sat down next to [y/n] as he waited for his answer.

"Y-yeah..." [y/n] sighed. "I just... family stuff..."

Kageyama didn't questioned further, seeing that [y/n] didn't really want to talk about it. They sat in silence, until Hinata's shout broke it.

"BARBECUE!"

At Hinata's excitement, Nishinoya and Tanaka joined in, jumping around despite being exhausted a few seconds ago. [y/n] slowly smiled as he stood up, following his team out of the gymnasium.

Most of the barbecue props were already set up. The teams helped out a little, setting everything up properly before the barbecue feast started. As the meat was roasted in front of their eyes, many people couldn't help but drool at the sight of such delicious food.

Everyone gathered around together in their respective teams, chopsticks and plates in hand, ready to gobble up the delicious meat.

"Thanks for the food!" They shouted before they started digging in.

[y/n] wasn't really in the mood. He ate a few slices of meat before walking away from the crowd, choosing to seat at a corner underneath a tree before he closed his eyes.