[forty-three]

Refer back to Chapter Twenty-Seven for the second part ([b/n] and [y/n]'s conversation). It's been so long even I don't really remember what happened LMAO.

;;

Kageyama's setter dump seemed to have shook Seijoh. The successful attack had also boost Karasuno's mood.

Karasuno took their second timeout, the team taking this time to rest and discuss strategies.

"We're going to get this!" Daichi shouted, as the team gathered around.

"Karasuno, fight!"

"Yes!"

[y/n] hurried back into the court, glancing at the Seijoh team.

'Last point... Last point...'

'What if I failed to get the ball up...'

'What if-'

"[y/n]," Kageyama snapped.

[y/n] froze, before turning away from Seijoh and settled his eyes on the ground, suddenly finding the wooden tiles more interesting.

He was fine just now.

He was okay.

But [y/n] could feel it coming back, his heart pumping loudly underneath his chest. The same fear of failure consuming him, his hands shaking and his footsteps heavier as he made his way into his position.

"We will win," Kageyama assured him. He turned his attention back to Seijoh, waiting for the game to start. "After all we had done."

We had done all we could.

It wasn't about [y/n]. Not now. It's about Karasuno. This was their game. Their failed attempt against Seijoh was still fresh in their minds, and they weren't going to let the same thing happen again.

They had done all they could, lighting up the candles and following the pathway as best as they could. It all depends now, which team could find the end point first. This was a maze, twisted and dark, both teams were trained to exit the maze, and the strongest will prevail.

Sugawara is starting this round with his serve. He aimed it at Iwaizumi, forcing the ace to receive the ball, making him late in the attacking.

"Iwaizumi, front!"

Iwaizumi bent down low and sent the ball towards Oikawa.

The Seijoh setter tossed the ball up as to Kindaichi, the #16 doing a cross spike. [y/n] gritted his teeth as the ball hit his forearm, the force leaving a red print on his forearm as the ball flew up into the air.

At that moment, Sugawara and Kageyama switched place, with Sugawara coming in as a setter for this attack.

Then, they did their synchronised attack, everyone of them blending in with the others to confuse the blockers.

Sugawara tossed to Asahi, who had came up from the back with a strong spike. However, Hanamaki managed to get a hand underneath the ball. It flew out of the court.

"Oikawa!"

"The ball is all the way over there!"

The players held their breath as they watched Oikawa run after the ball.

"Free ball!"

However, moments before Oikawa was about to receive the ball, he turned around slightly and pointed a finger at Iwaizumi.

[y/n] watched with bated breath as Oikawa tossed the ball, all the way from the side of the court to another, shocking the rest.

The aim was perfect. A result of excessive training.