[thirty-two]

"This is it, I guess..."

The long awaited match between Karasuno and Seijoh.

[y/n] glanced at Kageyama, who had a tensed expression. He burst out laughing before hitting Kageyama on the back, the setter letting out a 'oof' as he stumbled a few steps forwards, before turning to glare at him.

"You're too tense, Tobio," [y/n] said, ignoring Kageyama's glare. "I'm sure we will do fine."

They did their warmup, hitting the ball towards each other when [y/n] overestimated the force he used, sending the ball towards Seijoh's side.

"Ahh shit..." [y/n] moved to grab the ball, but Kageyama was faster.

The ball stopped at a familiar brunette's feet. He bent down to grab the ball at the same time Kageyama did. Both of them glanced up at each other, before all hell broke lose.

"I will never look down on Iwaizumi's job as your best friend ever again," [y/n] sighed as Oikawa and Kageyama started to try and pull the ball away from each other's grasp.

"Well, well..." Oikawa started, mocking Kageyama. "If it isn't Tobio-chan, who was miserably defeated last time."

"We've come to win this time," he snapped back, glaring at Oikawa.

An irk mark appeared on his temple at Kageyama's words. "I depressed the hell out of you last time. All that left is that bastard, Ushiwaka." Suddenly, he let go of his grasp on the ball, sending Kageyama to fall on his back.

He raised his arms, staring down at Kageyama and declared, "I'm gonna have you get out of the way again, Tobio."

[y/n] could only watch with a raised eyebrow, holding back a snicker for Kageyama's sake as Oikawa started laughing like a madman.

"Take that!"

[y/n] quickly hurried to help Kageyama up, who's scowl only deepened.

"Are you really 18-year-old?" [y/n] asked Oikawa, with a frown. "Or a petty 5-year-old trapped in an adult's body."

The brunette slowly calmed down from laughing, glancing at [y/n] with a smirk. "So you've finally show your face in another volleyball tournament."

[y/n]'s eyes darkened as he scowled at Oikawa's words.

"And with Karasuno, instead of Shiratorizawa like you've always planned, what an unexpected turn of events," he continued with a mocking smile.

"You really should have went to Shiratorizawa, Trashykawa. I bet Iwaizumi's hair is turning grey, thanks to you."

"What?! Why?! You're so mean, [n/n]-chan..."

"At least I wouldn't have to deal with your annoying arse so early," [y/n] huffed.

He turned away, hoping Oikawa didn't see how much his earlier sentence had affected him.

"Good luck, Oikawa-san, I'm glad I get to play against you before you graduate."

He can't blame him though. [y/n] can't blame Oikawa-san and Iwaizumi-san. They didn't know what really happened that day, in the hospital. They probably didn't know about [b/n]'s attempted suicide.

It wasn't [y/n]'s side of the story to tell. [b/n] should tell them himself, his two former best friends when he's finally ready.

"Break a leg, I won't go easy on you."

[y/n] grinned at his words, his heart aching a little when he recognised that phrase.

"I won't either."