[forty-five]

I had a writer's block earlier, so sorry for the lack of updates :) Please forgive me. 

Trigger warnings in this chapter!! The second part of this chapter has slight mentions of depression and suicide (referencing to earlier chapters)!! So please beware while reading. 

;;

"Shiratorizawa!"

"Shiratorizawa!"

[y/n] pursed his lips, watching the Shiratorizawa cheer squad as their voices filled the hall. In another world, he would have relished himself within the crowd, dressed in Shiratorizawa's standard volleyball uniform instead of Karasuno's.

He switched his attention to his own teammates, the cheer nothing more than a slight buzzing sound to him.

Yamaguci, Asahi and Hinata were obviously panicking, their faces green as they clutched their stomach, trying their best to puke. Kageyama didn't look like he was bothered by the fact they were playing against Shiratorizawa today, instead, awed by the fact they were playing on the centre court. Both Tanaka and Nishinoya were shouting about the cheerleaders in the Shiratorizawa cheer squad.

[y/n] sighed, finishing up his last stretch before standing up.

"You two, quiet down!" Daichi shouted angrily.

"C-C-Calm down e-everyone," Takeda stuttered, panicking over the current situation.

"Everything is as usual."

Of course.

[y/n] ignored his own teammates antics, turning around to face the door instead, just right when Shiratorizawa marched in. Just then, the cheers seemed to have increased by ten times, weighing down on [y/n] as his eyes were glued to the powerhouse that stood in front of them.

Shiratorizawa commanded all the attention. The crowd seemingly pulled in by their commanding aura.

[y/n] caught [b/n]'s eyes, before he turned away, ignoring his older brother to the best of his abilities.

It's better this way. For now. [y/n] didn't want to let personal feelings ruin his own ability for a game as important as this. 

However, a certain redhead surely wasn't letting that happen.

"[l/n]-kun!" 

[y/n] jumped at the shrill voice, barely managing to escape the grasp of Tendou Satori who really had no shame when it comes to things like this. Tendou's antics certainly made Shiratorizawa turn their attention onto the Crow. 

Though the team was rushed to warm up, so Tendou's stay was short. "It's been a long time since I last saw you-" 

"Like a few days ago..." [y/n] heard someone whispered somewhere nearby. 

"Hopefully you haven't fallen off your game," the redhead continued. [y/n] momentarily wondered if Tendou's hair was naturally red. He shook his head after a few seconds, realising it wasn't something important he should think about now. 

"I haven't," [y/n] replied softly, feeling a little bit uncomfortable with the attention he was getting by both teams and possibly some part of the crowd. He could certainly feel eyes on him, eating away his confidence slowly. 

"Good, good..." As a switch had been turned on, Tendou's usual more friendly and energetic aura seemed to change. "Looking forward to the game." And just like that, that intimidating aura was gone. Tendou made his way back to his own teammates to warm-up, while [y/n] watched, slightly baffled by him.