[six]

WARNING: The story, from this point onwards contains slight mentions of self harm and suicide. Please proceed with caution.

══════✮❁•°♛°•❁✮ ══════

"Damn you Ushijima," [y/n] sighed as he unlocked his door.

After arriving back in Miyagi, [y/n] had quickly rushed back to his house, apologising to his teammates through the phone as he bolted down the streets.

[y/n] was glad Ushijima wasn't here yet. He locked the door behind him and decided to take a shower first to rinse off the dirt and sweat he had accumulated along the way. [y/n] showered hastily, his brain wondering what on Earth was so important that Ushijima had to tell him today.

After he was done, he decided to make himself a sandwich as a light dinner, while glancing at the door constantly. Just as he had taken his first bite, the bell rang.

[y/n] groaned and dropped his sandwich back onto the plate before he stood up and dragged himself to the door. He swung the door open, glaring at the olive-headed male who stood in front of him.

"You just have to ruin my perfect day," [y/n] sighed grumpily before stepping aside for Ushijima to enter.

"I apologise for the inconvenience I had caused you, but this is really important. Also, I brought a friend," he said, entering the house. Behind, a silver-headed male trailed after him.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Semi Eita," the male said.

[y/n] gestured for them to sit at the dining table before he turned to close the door. When his face was out of their sight, he furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, wondering how the two of them still managed to keep a poker face during their proclaimed 'important and urgent' meeting.

"How did you even get my phone number?" [y/n] asked Ushijima as he plopped down onto his own chair. He grabbed his own sandwich and stuffed the rest into his mouth.

"Oikawa Tooru," Ushijima merely replied.

[y/n] tensed at the name of the senpai he hadn't seen for two years. "That Oikawa from Aobajohsai? He has my number?"

Semi opened the backpack he was carrying before dropping a pile of books and papers onto the table. "Your brother's homework. He hasn't been attending school for some time. Is he away or something?"

"Hasn't been attending school?" [y/n] repeated what Semi told him, confusion laced in his tone. "[b/n] left this weekend to Tokyo to stay with our grandma. He should've been attending school for the..." he glanced at the amount of homework before continuing, "... past few days?"

"Two weeks. Your brother has been absent from school for two weeks," Ushijima stated.

[y/n] stared at Ushijima in surprise. "That's not true! Right? If he's been absent without a reason, then wouldn't my mum be informed? But she wasn't. Besides, you've come all the way here to just tell me this? You could have just simply texted me and handed me his homework the next day." He finished with a look of disbelief on his face.

Ushijima and Semi shared a glance.

"Why don't you ask him yourself either? You guys have his number right?" [y/n] huffed.

"We are asking you because [b/n]'s been avoiding us ever since that accident. He doesn't reply to our texts too. You live with him, so we thought you might know something," Semi said.

"Besides that, there's another thing I would like to ask you about. Is your brother suicidal?" Ushijima asked.

Awkward silence.