[twenty-four]

"Nii-chan..."

[y/n] and [b/n] stared at each other in silence for a while, before [b/n] continued, turning his head to stare at his palms again.

"Ushijima told me what happened... I realised, how bad of a person I've been to you... I'm so sorry [y/n]."

[y/n] stared at [b/n], with an open mouth before realising [b/n] must be waiting for him to say something. [y/n] cleared his throat and wiped the tears off his face.

"It's okay, Nii-chan..." [y/n] said, breaking into a smile. "As long as you're here, and you're happy, it's okay."

[b/n] slowly stood up, limping towards [y/n] with the help of his crutches, who blinked in surprise when [b/n] pulled him into a hug. [y/n] slowly relaxed before he hugged his brother back.

"Thank you..."

"I know volleyball means a lot to you, and I don't want you to be sad for the rest of your life because of your inability to play volleyball..." [y/n] choked back a sob when he remembered the promise they made so many years ago.

"We will go to the Nationals together!"

[b/n]'s grip tightened, "I was so selfish, while you only wanted the best for everyone." He slowly stood up straight, breaking off from the hug. "I need to make it up to you in some way." He gritted his teeth and squeezed his eyes shut.

"I remember the promise we made, about going to the Nationals together..." [b/n] sighed. "I'm sorry that it will never happen-"

"It couldn't be helped..." [y/n] whispered, though [b/n] continued as if he didn't hear [y/n]'s comment.

"But," he turned back to stare at [y/n], the side of his lips curling up. "You will go to the Nationals and experience it, and I will be cheering for you, at the sidelines."

[y/n] smiled before he started chuckling softly. "And I will be cheering for you, when you make it to Japan's sitting volleyball team."

"I haven't even started yet." [b/n] frowned before he started chuckling alongside [y/n].

[b/n] limped off, startling [y/n] as he hurriedly followed his brother all the way to the little storage room they had. [b/n] entered and came out with a volleyball in hand, before tossing it to [y/n], who barely caught it in time before it hit his face.

"For old time's sake?"

[y/n] recognised the ball as the one they had used since they were little, back in Hyogo. [y/n] laughed and nodded.

"For old time's sake."

══════✮❁•°♛°•❁✮ ══════

"Finally!" [y/n] said as he got down the bus. He took in a deep breath, enjoying the cool breeze in the early morning before the match with Johzenji.

"We're here!" Hinata shouted excitedly, walking alongside Kageyama. "Back at the Sendai Municipal Gymnasium again!" He continued as the team stopped together, staring at the gymnasium in front of them. "We're gonna get out revenge!"

Hinata took in a deep breath before he started dashing towards the exit, leaving Kageyama shocked and the other teammates to laugh at their antics.

"Don't you dare get a false start, boke!" Kageyama shouted as he started running, catching up to Hinata.

"It's like Hinata and Kageyama live on spinal reflex alone," Yamaguchi stated, sweat dropping at their antics.

"They're like insects," Tsukishima commented, causing Nishinoya, Tanaka and [y/n] to snicker.