[twenty]

It was obvious who was winning.

[y/n] used the back of his hand to wipe away the bead of sweat trickling down his forehead, eyes following the ball as Daichi received it, sending it to Kageyama who tossed it to Hinata.

Another spike. Another point.

"Alright!" The team cheered.

The team gathered around, as they discussed their next tactic. As they went back to their position, [y/n]'s eyes scanned the crowd watching them from the second floor. Yachi's eyes and his met briefly, before they smiled at each other. [y/n] was about to look away when he caught sight of a suspicious man, wearing a cap and sunglasses to hide his some of his features. He stood behind Yachi, seemingly invisible to the people around him.

[y/n] stared at the figure for a while and the figure seemingly stared back, the side of his lips curving up into a smirk before taking off his sunglasses-

No. It can't be.

[y/n] stumbled a few steps backwards, his eyes widening in surprise.

He's gone.

He's supposed to be gone.

"[l/n]!" Daichi shouted, grabbing the [h/c] male's attention.

[y/n] turned around to glance at Daichi, finding the rest of the team staring at him expectantly. "Sorry..." [y/n] replied sheepishly, trying his best to shake off the uneasy feeling. He glanced back at the second floor, behind Yachi, only to find no one. Yachi gave him a worried look before she glanced behind her, confused.

'It's okay... You just imagined it...'

The game continued with Karasuno serving. The other team spike and Daichi managed to receive it and sent it to Kageyama.

"Daichi-san, nice receive!"

'Those [h/c] eyes....'

Kageyama tossed it high up into the air as Asahi came from behind Hinata and spiked it. The ball hit the other side of the court loudly and the referee blew his whistle.

'That smirk...'

It was Kageyama's turn to serve.

'I know him...'

"Alright!" The team shouted, cheering loudly. Kageyama had just gotten a service ace for the team and now they were at match point.

"One more, Kageyama! Nice serve!"

Kageyama's serve was as intense as ever, though [y/n] wasn't paying much attention. [y/n] was trying very hard not to crumble down in front of so many people.

'You can't ever forget that person....'

"[y/n]!" [b/n] whispered, shaking the young boy awake.

"Huh?" [y/n] sounded, slowly cracking his eyes open to find his brother. "Wha-" [y/n] glanced at the clock beside his bed, the numbers on the clock glowing dimly in the dark room.

"We gotta go [n/n]," [b/n] whispered, dragging the boy out of the room.

"But it's only 3 in the morning, Nii-chan..."

They entered the living room, to find their mother already there, hurriedly stuffing their possessions into the big bulky bags sitting on the floor.

"What's going on?"

Nobody answered him. Instead, his mother called him to help pack quickly. And before he knew it, they were out of the house, running on the streets, away from the home [y/n] grew up in.