[twenty-two]

Karasuno was making their way out of the building after their last match of the day.

[y/n] still had a hard time believing it. He'd pinched himself and asked Kageyama to pinch his arm just to make sure everything that happened was real.

And it was real. Along with the excruciating pain came a wave of satisfactory as he walked beside Kageyama. Currently, Tanaka, Nishinoya and Kageyama were making fun of the 'ack' sound Hinata made during the time he received in the game.

"Well, it went up, didn't it?!" Hinata shouted back at Kageyama.

"Ack!" Nishinoya shouted from behind them.

"Ack!" Tanaka shouted too, holding his stomach as he laughed.

"By the way guys..." Ennoshita started behind them, "... you guys got your summer break homework done, didn't you?"

"Ack!" Both Tanaka and Nishinoya shouted at the same time, jumping up in fear when they realised they didn't.

[y/n] snickered before taking out his phone to tell his mum and Akaashi about their win.

[y/n]

Mum, we got through the prelims!

[mum]
Congratulations!

[y/n]

We got through the prelims!

[akaashi]
Well done, Bokuto-san is overjoyed that he's jumping around.

[y/n]

Sorry that you had to deal with a hyperactive Bokuto...

[akaashi]
It's nothing much, it's a daily occurrence.

Suddenly, Hinata shouted. [y/n]'s attention snapped back to the tiny middle blocker, startled.

"I forgot my lunch box!" Hinata shouted, before running back to where they came from.

The team merely watched as he rushed back, before they started walking off again.

"Hinata is so forgetful," [y/n] sighed, walking besides Yamaguchi. He shut his phone and stuffed it into his pocket.

As the team stepped outside the gymnasium, [y/n] took in a deep breath. The sun was already setting and it was getting late. The team stood outside as they waited for their manager and their middle blocker.

"They've been in there for quite some time," [y/n] frowned. "You know what, I'm going to go in there and see what's taking them so long..."

No one decided to stop him. Tanaka and Nishinoya were stressing over the safety of their precious manager, thus, encouraging [y/n] more with his decision.

He took big steps, wanting to get there faster without having to run. [y/n]'s legs were definitely not doing so well after the last two matches they had.

When [y/n] finally got there, he saw Hinata standing in front of Kiyoko with a terrified look, hands spread out as he faced a blond haired male with a swept back undercut. [y/n] was about to run to them and intervene when a figure blocked his path.

He took three seconds to study the figure in front of him before [y/n] took a step back in fear.

[h/c] hair, that familiar smirk...