[eighteen]

It was already morning when they reached Miyagi. The team was given the day to do their own practices. [y/n] requested to leave early instead.

He changed into his casual clothings before walking out of the school with a dejected look, phone in hand as he followed the map to the nearby hospital.

It took him about 20 minutes to reach the hospital. He glanced up at the big doorway, staring at the people coming in and out as his past experience in the hospital flashed before his eyes.

"NOTHING IS OKAY!"

"I hate you!"

[y/n] sighed, shaking his head to get rid of those thoughts. He continued walking, reaching the counter. He smiled at the lady sitting in front of him and requested to visit [l/n] [b/n].

"Room 240."

"Thank you," [y/n] said, bowing at the lady before he started walking towards the room he was directed to. [y/n] couldn't help but shiver nervously the closer he got to the room.

'238... 239'

240.

[y/n]'s eyes lingered on the number plate plastered onto the wooden door. He took in a deep breath, before raising his arm slowly towards the door knob, placing his palm on the cold knob before twisting it sideways.

As the door swung open, he caught a glimpse of his brother. He had a heart monitor beside him, monitoring his heartbeat and multiple wires were connected to him. [y/n] gulped when he saw the bandages that covered [b/n]'s body, stained with blood.

Everything... seemed like last year.

"It's okay... He isn't awake..." [y/n] whispered, trying his best to convince himself as he stepped into the room. The door behind him slowly closed, leaving [y/n] alone with his brother's unconscious body.

"Hello [l/n]," a deep voice greeted him.

[y/n] jumped, nearly screaming as he turned around to face a certain olive-haired male, sitting on a chair at the side of the room.

"Ushijima-san!" [y/n] shouted, before slapping his hand onto his mouth, glancing at his brother to make sure the loud noise didn't wake him up. [y/n] didn't really feel like dealing with [b/n] right now. "What are you doing here?" He said, in a reasonable volume as he walked towards Ushijima, stopping a few inches in front of him.

"I heard from your mother that you will be back today, and thought that you might go to visit your brother at the first given chance you had..."

"And you decided to wait for me here?!" [y/n] cut Ushijima off with a surprise look.

Ushijima blinked at [y/n], silent for a few seconds before he asked, "Is there... something wrong with that?"

"No, no... I'm just surprised," [y/n] admitted before he walked towards his brother.

[y/n] stared at his brother. [y/n] hadn't seen his brother so calm before. Granted, he didn't really see his brother on a daily basis either ever since what happened before...

Tears started blurring his vision. [y/n] rubbed the tears with the back of his hand, trying his best not to break down in front of Ushijima. He sniffled a little, before turning his attention away from [b/n].

"I'm glad he's okay..." [y/n] sighed, plopping down next to Ushijima, in the chair beside him. He avoided having to look at his brother, choosing to stare at the vase sitting on the small side table beside the hospital bed. Irises sat in the vase, blooming beautifully next to a pale looking male.