[twenty-five]

The hall was filled with the cheers from each school as Karasuno stepped in. Their game was starting soon, and Karasuno was preparing for warmups when the opposing team's shouts grabbed their attention.

"YAHOO!" Johzenji shouted, the team jumping up excitedly. [y/n]'s eyes lingered on them for a while before he turned his attention to the court beside them, his eyes scanning the purple clothed group until it landed on a familiar figure.

"Nii-chan!" [y/n] shouted, waving his arms in the air. [b/n]'s head snapped to [y/n], startled, before his frown morphed into a smile. He waved back, causing some of the two schools' team members attention to focus on them.

"Those are so awesome!"

[y/n] turned back to his teammates at Hinata's shout.

"Your new glasses look so cool, Tsukishima!"

[y/n] chuckled at Hinata's words, having heard it almost every day since Tsukishima got his new glasses.

A whistle was blown, signalling for them to line up in their own respective side of the court.

"Let's play!" Both teams shouted, bowing down at each other.

Karasuno gathered up at the bench for their pep talk before the game, facing Coach Ukai as they listened attentively.

"We are finally at the qualifiers. Our first opponent was a semifinalist at the Inter-high prelims. We've got our work cut out for us," Ukai stated. "You better go all out on that first one, Azumane!" He said, glancing at Asahi.

Karasuno gathered around in a circle after Coach Ukai's talk, hands placed in front of them as Daichi shouted, "Karasuno, fight!"

"Yeah!" They replied loudly.

The starting players got into their positions on the court. [y/n] jogged after them, trailing behind with Kageyama. Both of them shared a look, nodding at each other.

A small smirk was present on [y/n]'s face as he stood in his position, his piercing eyes analysing his opponents' positions.

"Asahi-san, nice serve!"

Asahi did his jump serve, which was received by Johzenji's #7, though the force threw him off a little and the receive was a little shaky. Their libero got the ball, though his receive was off, sending it to the back of the court.

"Nice cover!"

"Get the last one, Terushima!"

"Chance ball!" Kageyama shouted as Karasuno prepared, their eyes following the ball.

Though, instead of using an underhand hit to send the ball to the setter, Terushima jumped, swinging his right arm up to hit the ball, turning around in mid-air together. The ball flew to Karasuno's side of the court, landing deep in the middle of their court before anyone could react.

[y/n]'s eyes widened as he stared at Terushima, mouth opening slightly in shock and so did the rest of Karasuno.

"Yahoo!" Johzenji's captain cheered, jumping up, beaming brightly as the rest of his team congratulate him and cheered together.

"A hit like that from the end line? Not to mention, while he was turning around?" [y/n] couldn't help but blurt out in awe.

"That would usually be returned with an underhand hit," Tsukishima said, before turning back to their opponents.

[y/n] blinked a few times, staring at the spot where the ball landed before he turned back to face Johzenji as well. A smile slowly overtook the shock expression on his face as he grinned.