[twenty-nine]

"Daichi-san?"

Everyone held their breaths, staring at Daichi, until he slowly got up with a groan.

Coach Ukai and Takeda-sensei quickly ran towards him, with worried looks on their faces.

"Where did you get hit?!" Coach Ukai shouted.

"M-my face?" Daichi whispered, slowly bringing his left hand up to his cheek.

"Sawamura-kun, where are you at right now?" Takeda-sensei asked, bending down to eye-level as he spoke.

"Sendai City, in the gym," Daichi replied, letting go of his face. The spot where Tanaka's shoulder hit was red, starting to bruise a little bit. [y/n] winced when he saw it.

"Who are we playing right now?" Takeda continued to ask.

"W-Wakunan..."

Kiyoko quickly ran towards him, with a towel, ice pack and some tissues ready in her hand, stopping besides Nishinoya.

"I'm fine!" Daichi shouted in panic, his eyes widening a little.

"But it appears that you hit your head, so please go to the infirmary," Takeda-sensei stated.

Daichi looked upset by his words, wanting to continue playing in the court. Takeda-sensei spotted this, and placed his hand on Daichi's shoulder, shocking him.

"Go have them confirm that you're really okay," he said, reassuring the captain. "That's the quickest way for you to return to the match."

Kiyoko hurried to Daichi as he stood up, stopping in front of him with a shock look as she said in surprise, "Blood..."

"Eh?" The moment Daichi opened his mouth, blood started trickling down. Daichi pressed his hand against his mouth, stopping the blood from trickling down.

"Did you cut your lip?" Ukai asked.

Daichi slowly brought his hand down, blood coating his palm before he spat something out. It took a moment for them to register what it was, before the team reacted in shock, their mouths agape.

A tooth sat in Daichi's palm, covered in blood.

[y/n] gagged, feeling slightly sick at the sight of so much blood. It seemed like Hinata and Yamaguchi weren't doing so well either, from the looks on their faces. The three of them were sickly green.

Daichi slowly walked out of the court, with the help Kiyoko. They cleaned up the blood before Daichi pressed the ice pack against his cheek.

Tanaka walked up to him, grabbing the team's attention when he voiced, "Daichi-san."

He took in a deep breath before bowing, his eyes squeezed shut as he apologised, "I'm sorry-"

Though he was cut off by Daichi. "Sorry, Tanaka."

Tanaka glanced up at Daichi, surprised.

"I saw you go in for the cover, but my body moved on its own and went in there," he continued, smiling. "But look," he said, glancing at the scoreboard. "Because you got the ball over, we are now in the 20s."

After making sure Daichi was doing fine, Coach Ukai accompanied him to the infirmary to get his injury checked up.

"We are going to need a substitute captain..." Sugawara trailed off with a thoughtful look, glancing at all the Karasuno players, his smile brightening when his eyes landed on Ennoshita.

"I vote for Ennoshita," Kinoshita stated, Narita nodding along.

"I agree that Ennoshita should be the substitute captain as well," [y/n] said.