Chapter Four

-~=~-

Percy couldn't stop thinking about Annabeth. And not the Oh, I'm in love with you! kind of thinking about her. It was more like, What the hell did she do? kind of thinking about her.

So, Percy being Percy, he decided to hit up one of their mutual friends: Piper.

Percy found her contact and clicked on the little phone. It rang for a few moments before she answered.

"Hello?" She asked through the phone.

"Heyyy, Pipes!" Percy plastered a smile on his face, even though Piper couldn't see him.

"Oh dear lord. What do you want, Percy?" She sighed.

"Can't I just call to see how you're doing?" He feigned innocence.

"Of course you can!" Piper said in an excited tone. "But you don't. You also saw me at lunch." She deadpanned.

Percy let out a sigh of defeat. "Fine, fine! I need information..."

"Onnn?" Piper prompted.

"Annabeth?"

Piper burst out laughing. "You want to know something about Annabeth?" She got out between laughs.

"Oh my god! Could you not!"

"I-I'm sorry!" Piper calmed herself enough to speak again, "What is it?"

"Why was she in detention?" Piper suddenly went silent. "Piper? You still there?"

"Oh, uh, yes I am. She didn't tell you?"

"Why would she!"

"Good point." Piper cleared her throat, "It's really not that big of a deal. She just got into a small fight."

"Annabeth? As in Annabeth Chase? Got in a fight? Was it physical?" Percy's interest suddenly piqued (even more so than before).

"N-No! She just was arguing with another student. Listen, I really shouldn't be-"

"Piper!" Percy could just tell she was glaring, even through the phone.

"She was defending some people. She yelled at someone. She got in trouble! That's it. Now, I gotta go," Suddenly Percy's phone beeped. He brought it from his ear to his face and noticed she hung up.

Well, Percy thought, now I'm even more curious.

He tried to take his mind off it. He went and ate a few snacks, watched the first five minutes of a bunch of youtube videos (none of them caught his interest), and blasted his music through his apartment. He was pretty sure his neighbors didn't appreciate it.

After a bunch of messing around, Percy checked his phone.

'Only six o' clock!" He said aloud, "This suuuuuucks," He groaned and flopped onto his bed.

About two minutes of staring at the ceiling later, his phone dinged. He picked it up and saw a notification from Jason.

Oi, I'm gonna have a small get together tonight, wanna join?

Percy thought for a second. Is she gonna be there? Everyone already knew Percy and Annabeth's whole feud thing, but nobody really understood it.

Jason sent back a rolling eyes emoji, Of course she's gonna be there. She's part of the group, remember?

Yeah, yeah. I guess I'll be there. What time?

8:30

Chill. See you then.

See ya.

Percy turned off his phone and stared at the ceiling for a few minutes. He still had a while until he had to go to the party so he ate some more, watched some more tv, and scrolled through social media.

At 8:00 he decided to start getting ready. When he got up and looked in the mirror, he realized he was just gonna wear what he'd been wearing all day. He did try to fix his hair a little bit (he only brushed it) but that didn't do much. He put his beanie and shoes back on and grabbed his skateboard. In fifteen minutes he was out the door and making his way to Jason's house.