Chapter Six

-~=~-

Percy froze. No way was he going to do seven minutes in heaven with Annabeth. Even if they didn't do anything, Percy couldn't stand the idea of being locked in a closet with her. Annabeth seemed to have the same reaction.

"No way," She deadpanned, "Don't bring me into this! Make him do it with someone else!"

"It's not fun if he doesn't do it with you, Annabeth!" Piper exclaimed. There were a few mumbles of agreement.

"For once in my life I agree with Annabeth!" Percy stared down Jason. "Pick someone else, dude?"

"Nope!" Basically the whole room replied.

Piper grabbed Annabeth while Jason grabbed Percy and they shoved both of them into a closet down the hall.

He looked everywhere but at her. Eye contact meant talking and Percy was hoping to go through the entire seven minutes with none of that.

Unfortunately, his wish did not come true. After about a minute of excruciating silence, Percy had to say something.

"You are the most annoying person I've ever met." He stated.

Annabeth scoffed, "You just had to talk, didn't you?" He looked her in her eyes. Those stormy gray eyes that intimidated even Percy.

"Sorry, I couldn't help myself."

"You are insufferable, you know that!"

"Well I can say the same for you," Percy remarked, "All you do is fight me with me!"

"No, all you do is fight with me!" She corrected him.

"Oh, so now we're fighting about who fights more?"

"So what if we are?"

"I can't stand you. I hope the seven minutes is up soon."

"Well, then we agree on something."

Percy pulled his gaze away from Annabeth and examined the coats hanging in the closet.

"It's not even my fault," He mumbled under his breath.

"'Not even your fault'?!" Annabeth repeated, "Of course it was your fault! If you would just think for once in your life-"

Percy tuned her out. He just looked at her. He noticed the way her curls fell on her shoulders. The way she flung her hands around while she was yelling at him.

Suddenly, Percy just couldn't help himself. He cupped her face, leaned down and kissed her. Percy could feel Annabeth's hands wrap around his waist.

After a few moments, they pulled away. Annabeth stared him dead in the eyes. "That didn't happen." She rushed out of the closet.

"Annabeth! Wait!" Percy ran after her. She had grabbed her bag and started heading towards the door.

"I'm leaving!" She yelled behind her. The door slammed shut and Percy could hear the roar of her engine starting.

Everyone in the room was stunned.

"What the hell did you do, Percy!" Piper yelled.

"I-I'm gonna go..." Percy grabbed his flannel and rushed out the door. He put on the flannel and grabbed his skateboard.

Replaying what had just happened in his head, he skated home.