Chapter Thirty-Two

-~=~-

The two sat there for a while, taking in each other's presence. Eventually, when Annabeth had stopped crying and told Percy she was feeling a bit better, he decided to go get some snacks for them. He left Annabeth on his bed and walked into the kitchen, where his mom was waiting for him.

"Perseus Jackson," He froze. He didn't like it when his mom used his full name. He turned to face her and tried to smile, but her face was completely serious.

"I'm so sorry, mom, please let me-" Sally started laughing, which caught Percy off guard.

"Oh, sweetie, I'm just teasing. I know you and I trust you. You haven't ever given me a reason not to," Percy's face broke out into a smile.

"Mom, I'm sorry. I should have told you Annabeth was staying over. And I swear I tried to sleep on the couch, but she had a really rough day and-"

"Percy, I understand," His mom handed him two plates of blue waffles. "Now, go be with her." Percy thanked his mom and turned back around and walked down the hallway. He somehow got the door open, and walked over to Annabeth. He handed her one of the plates, then walked over to close the door.

"How'd you get waffles so quickly?" Annabeth asked, bewildered.

Percy chuckled a bit, "Uh, my mom made them,"

"Oh," Annabeth's eyes widened, "Oh. Percy, is she even okay with me staying here? I'm so sorry I-" Percy sat down next to Annabeth and cut her off.

"She wants you here, I promise,"

Annabeth looked down at the plate of waffles shyly, then glanced back up at Percy. "You didn't...tell her, did you?"

"Of course I didn't. We will have to tell an adult soon, yes, but that is something you get to choose when to do. Just know I'll be there,"

Annabeth nodded, and they got to work on their waffles.

-~=~-

After a day of tears, hugging, and talking, Percy thought it might be a good idea to go out. They both stayed in sweatpants and hoodies (Annabeth obviously still wearing Percy's) and then they said goodbye to Sally and headed out the door, even though they weren't completely sure where they were going. Once they got out of the building, Percy thought they should decide.

"Where do you want to go? Pick anyplace, it's my treat," He offered.

"Oh, uh, I don't know..."

"How about that diner? You like that place don't you?" Percy didn't realize what he'd done until Annabeth was frozen in place, not making a sound.

"Oh my gods, Annabeth, I'm so sorry, I wasn't thinking-"

"No, no, it's really fine. W-We can go there,"

"There are plenty of other places to go. Maybe McDonald's? Or-"

"Let's just go to the diner. That sounds great," A small smile tugged at the corners of Annabeth's mouth, which made Percy feel a bit better about going to the diner.

They made their way there, walking side by side. Their hands kept brushing against each other, until Percy finally took hers and held it tightly. He looked over at Annabeth and noticed a small smile on her face, which made Percy beam.

When they reached the diner, Percy opened the door and motioned for Annabeth to go inside. They found a booth, sat down and ordered. Percy made sure Annabeth got whatever she wanted and however much she wanted of it.

After they had finished eating, they sat and talked. Percy updated her on everything that had happened while she was cut off. Although, there wasn't much for him to tell. Especially since he hadn't really been listening to anybody else's issues, as he was too caught up in his own.

Percy's attention was brought to the door when he heard the bell ring. When he looked, he made eye contact with the devil himself. Luke Castellan.

Luke immediately made his way to the table, and tried to sit down with them. Luckily, Percy was quick enough to stand up and shove him out of the way.

"Hey! What was that for? I'm trying to talk to my girlfriend here,"

"She's not your girlfriend, Castellan," Percy made sure to stand between Luke and Annabeth.

Luke leaned his head to the side, avoiding Percy's glare and aiming his words to her.

"We talked about hanging around this guy, didn't we?"

"Y-Yes," Annabeth's voice sounded shaky.

"Don't talk to her," Percy's voice was so cold and serious, he didn't even realize it was his own at first.

"Oh and what are you gonna do, huh?" Luke taunted. Percy heard some shuffling behind him and then Annabeth was standing next to him.

"Can we just go...please?" Annabeth whispered to Percy. Percy nodded and took hold of her hand. He started leading her out of the diner, but he felt a tug. He whipped around and saw Luke harshly grabbing Annabeth's arm. Percy ripped his hand off of her and decked him in the face. Luke staggered back a bit, and put his hand to his nose. When he looked, he saw blood covering his hands.

"Don't you ever fucking touch her again," Luke swung at Percy, but he dodged and kicked Luke's feet from under him. He fell to the ground and hit his head. At this point, they had gotten the attention of everyone in the diner. Percy was about to hit Luke again, when he felt a small hand on his wrist.

"Percy, please stop," Annabeth had tears streaming down her face, and that seemed to snap Percy out of the trance he was in. Annabeth started pulling him out of the diner, but not before he turned back to Luke.

"You're going jail, Castellan,"

Percy then let Annabeth pull him out of the diner. When they got outside, he wrapped her inside a warm hug.

"Are you okay?" He asked her softly.

Annabeth nodded her head. "I think so,"

Percy pulled away from the hug, but kept an arm around her shoulder as they started back to his apartment.