Chapter Twenty-Two

-~=~-

Percy barely got any sleep. After everyone helped him figure out what to say to Annabeth, they all went home. Only a few hours later, Percy was trying to go to sleep. Of course, he couldn't get a wink.

He was non-stop worrying about the plan. All he could think about was Annabeth. How stupid he was. How he should have just talked to her when she wanted to. He feared that when he went over to her house tomorrow she wouldn't want to see him.

With his luck, Luke would be over there and he'd interrupt them mid makeout session. Of course that's what would happen to him.

After hours of laying in bed trying to fall asleep, he finally did. He woke up multiple times during the night and finally up at eight in the morning, so he was extremely tired. He wasn't going to let that stop him. He got up and got dressed into black jeans, vans, and a graphic t-shirt. He grabbed his skateboard and headed out of his room. When he made it into the kitchen, his mom had blue waffles ready.

Percy had informed her of what he was going to say, and she thought it was a good idea. They sat at the table together, eating breakfast and talking.

Percy finished his breakfast pretty slow compared to normal. Maybe it was because he was terrified of going to Annabeth's. He felt sick to his stomach.

Eventually, he got up the courage to leave his house. He got on his skateboard and started riding to Annabeth's, which he somehow remembered how to get to after only going once.

After a little while of back and forth, turning around to go home and then turning back around because he knew he had to do it, he finally made it to her house. He picked up his skateboard and walked to her front door.

He set down the skateboard and looked at the door. He felt like he was going to throw up. He thought about leaving, but he remembered it was just Annabeth. The Annabeth he was crushing really hard on and might like someone else, yes, but whatever.

He finally built up the courage and knocked on the door. Percy heard some muffled talking from inside the house which he couldn't understand, and after a few moments Annabeth answered the door.

She was wearing ripped jeans and an oversized sweater with fuzzy socks on. The moment she saw Percy, her eyes lit up.

"Percy!" She seemed to remember that she was mad at him, and her face went stone cold. "Percy," She repeated, a lot less enthusiastically. She stepped out of the house and closed the door behind her.

"Annabeth," Percy tried for a smile, Annabeth just glared in response. Percy cleared his throat. "Listen, I really want to talk to you-"

"Oh, now you want to talk?" Annabeth snapped. Percy stayed silent. If she wanted to yell at him, he was gonna give her the chance. He didn't want to be interrupted when he got to the important part.

When Annabeth stayed silent as well, he decided to speak up.

"Look, we've hated each other for a long time, right?" Annabeth raised an eyebrow at him and crossed her arms.

"We've only recently become friends, but, to be completely honest, I can't even remember a time when we weren't friends. Even if that was only a week ago," He laughed in spite of himself.

"And, Annabeth, you can't deny it, there was something there when we played-"

"Percy, stop talking," Her voice sounded a little strained. Percy was shocked, but he motioned with his hand for her to elaborate.

"I, uh, have a date with Luke tomorrow,"