Chapter Twelve

-~=~-

Grover pulled up in front of his small house and they both headed inside. When they got in, Grover instructed Percy to go get a bunch of blankets and pillows from the linen closet.

Percy had spent so much time at Grover's house it was like a second home. It was also just Grover living alone. He was already eighteen and moved out of his parents house a few weeks after his birthday.

Grover had told Percy that there was no bad blood between him and his parents, he had just wanted to move out. So, he went and bought this tiny little house.

After Percy had made a few trips from the linen closet to the living room, he had brought what he thought would be enough pillows and blankets. (Along with some bean bags from Grover's room that he found by the trash in front of one of his neighbor's houses. He took them, sewed them up and they were as good as new.)

Percy made his way to the kitchen to find Grover running around making something.

"Whatcha doin?" Percy sat down in one of the rickety old chairs Grover probably also grabbed from the side of a road.

"Working on making snacks. Wanna help, loser?"

"Oh, is carrying tons of blankets and pillows to the living room not enough for you?" Percy asked impertinently.

"The work is never done!" Grover waved Percy over to him so Percy got up and skipped the two steps to Grover. Grover just rolled his eyes and started instructing Percy on what to do.

"I'm making cookies, I want you to make the oreo balls." Grover pointed the whisk he was using to mix the dry ingredients in the direction of a box of oreos, cream cheese and melting chocolate. Percy had made oreo balls a lot in the past, so he got to work. He grabbed a ziploc bag and started putting the oreos into it.

"So, what movies are we watching tonight anyway?" Percy zipped up the baggy and started searching for a rolling pin.

"Well, I think we're going to try to watch all the pirates movies,"

"Oh! I love those!" Percy squealed.

Grover rolled his eyes, "I know you do. I figured that if I picked those movies you'd want to come more. But apparently you didn't need any convincing." Grover said in a sly tone.

Percy knew what he was implying, but he ignored it.

"Where's your rolling pin, Grover?"

"Rolling pin?" Grover repeated.

"You know, the pin you use for rolling things?"

"Why would I have that!"

"Why wouldn't you!" Percy rolled his eyes. "Do you have a food processor?" Percy took Grover's blank expression as a no. "Please tell me you have a blender!"

"Yes! I do have that!" Grover got a little too excited to have a blender. He pointed to the cabinet next to the fridge. "In there." He said.

Percy made his way over to the cabinet and pulled out a mini blender. He sighed but decided not to give Grover a hard time about it.

He walked back over to where he was working and started putting some oreos in the small blender.

-~=~-

When they both finally finished making the desserts, it was about five.

Grover had finished his cookies a lot sooner than that, but it took them forever to cover the oreo balls in chocolate.

"It's a good thing those taste good, because they look terrible," Percy remarked. They both laughed.

"What time are people gonna get here?" Percy asked as he put the oreo balls in a container to go in the fridge.

Grover checked the time on his phone. "Any minute now really,"

"Should we start the popcorn?" Percy placed the container in the fridge and walked back over to Grover.

"Uh, might as well." Grover shrugged. "You have to make the kettle corn, I'm no good at it," He quickly added.

Percy laughed and started getting to work.

"Why are we making so much stuff again?" Percy asked.

"Because I invited ten plus hungry teenagers to my house. If I don't have stuff to eat they'll go rabid and attack," Grover said, stating the obvious.

Percy just nodded as he poured the kernels into the popcorn popper. Percy had just started stirring when the doorbell rang.

"I can't get it Grover, I already started my popcorn," Grover sighed and walked over to the door.

Percy heard a little bit of mumbled talking and after a few moments Grover walked back into the kitchen.

"Who was it?"

Grover examined Percy, "Annabeth,"

"Cool," Percy tried to keep his excitement in, but he couldn't help the small smile that spread across his face.

Grover scoffed and rolled his eyes. "Go talk to her, I'll finish up with the popcorn,"

"Are you sure? I don't want to-"

"Just go, Percy! She's all alone in there, you don't want to leave her waiting," Grover winked as he pushed Percy out of the way and took over stirring the popcorn.

Percy ran his fingers through his hair and headed towards the living room.