Chapter Twenty-Five

-~=~-

Percy's nerves sky rocketed. He knew there was something bad about Luke. Thalia looked worried, she must have had a really bad experience.

Thalia looked Percy straight in his eyes and said in the most demanding tone ever, "You can not let her go on that date,"

"I wasn't planning on it," Percy sighed. He fiddled with his fingers, nervous to ask Thalia why she hated Luke so much. But, soon enough, he got the courage.

"Um, are you okay with telling me what happened with Luke?" Thalia shot him a glare, so he immediately backed down, "No, don't, it's fine, I don't need to know,"

Thalia sighed and rubbed her temple.

"No, no, I should tell you. You're gonna have to have some reason to stop Annabeth from going on that date, aren't you?"

"Well, you could always just tell Annabeth directly," Percy suggested. A small smile found its way to Thalia's face.

"Yeah, I could. But that would mess up my ship," She joked. Percy fake laughed at her and rolled his eyes.

"So, um, you gonna tell me?"

Thalia took a deep breath and started her story. "It was a few years ago. I was a sophomore and Luke was a senior-"

"Senior?" Percy shouted, "How old is he?" He had assumed he was eighteen or nineteen when he said he was a freshman in college.

"He's twenty-one. It absolutely disgusts me that he's trying to take advantage of Annabeth," Thalia shivered. Percy placed a hand on her shoulder and rubbed her arm a little bit.

"It's really okay if you don't want to tell me, I can see it's hard," Thalia looked at Percy with a small smile and shook her head.

"It's okay, really, I'm fine. Uh, where was I? Right! We were both friends at the time, and we became really close. Later that year, he asked me out on a date. We started going out and it was great! He was such a gentleman, he was sweet and kind and always put me first," She let out a long sigh, "After some time into the relationship, things kind of took a turn for the worst. He started to become a lot more manipulative and controlling. He would never let me talk to anyone, wouldn't let me wear what I wanted to, and he insisted he knew all my passwords and went through my phone every night. It was terrible," She sniffled a little, but she wasn't crying.

"After about a year of that terrible relationship, I found out he cheated. After all that worrying about me cheating on him, he betrayed me. At the time, I was utterly heartbroken. I really couldn't see what he was doing to me. But now, I know what a terrible bastard he is," Thalia met Percy's eyes, "You cannot let Annabeth go through the same thing I did. She is so amazing and deserves so much more. You got that?"

Percy nodded in response. He really didn't know what to say, or how to comfort her. He had never seen Thalia expose herself so much.

"Are you okay?" He asked her.

Thalia smiled a bit.

"Yeah...yeah, I'm good now. It's still hard to think about, but it's gotten a lot better. And it helped a lot to have Reyna by my side," Her smile grew.

"Of course it did," Percy smirked at her. Thalia paused, and looked in deep thought. After a minute, she cleared her throat.

"Percy," She started, "Annabeth is really stubborn. She's been crushing on him the moment she laid eyes on him. If she refuses to listen to you...you have to promise me you'll be to her what Reyna was to me, okay?"

Percy nodded, "What exactly was that?"

"Just, support her. Always be there for her, even if she is being an idiot. I'll try to talk to her if it doesn't work for you but...just protect her okay?"

"I swear on my life I'll keep her safe,"