Chapter Fifteen

-~=~-

At some point during the last movie, Percy had fallen asleep. But before he did, he made sure Annabeth was always comfortable and shushed anyone who was being too loud.

He definitely got a bunch of suspicious looks from people, but he tried not to think about them too much.

When he woke up again, the TV was off and the living room was completely empty. Except for Annabeth, who was still asleep in his lap. He looked at his watch and read the time: 5:13 AM.

He looked around and realized there was still quite a mess that everyone had left, but he decided to pretend it didn't exist until tomorrow (or really later that day.)

He softly readjusted himself so he was in a better position, careful not to wake Annabeth. And within a few minutes, he was fast asleep.

-~=~-

Percy woke up from Annabeth moving. She had shifted in his lap and he, being a light sleeper, was suddenly wide awake. He yawned and stretched his arms. He opened his phone to see a few notifications from Grover.

Didn't want to wake you two up, so I left you on the couch.

I'm probably gonna be gone for work by the time you wake up, and...if you don't mind cleaning?

My parents want to come over and see my place later.

You're the best, Perce!

Percy rolled his eyes. He saw the time was 11:27 AM. He thought he better wake Annabeth up and help her home.

He gently started rubbing her shoulder and whispering to her.

"Annabeth, it's time to wake up," All he got were groans in response. He eventually let his voice go to it's normal volume (or as normal as it could be after just waking up.)

Annabeth slowly opened her eyes and looked at Percy. After a few moments of examining him, she realized what had happened. She shot up and started apologizing profusely.

"Oh my gods!" She hid her face in her hands, but Percy could see she was a bit red, "I am so sorry! I didn't- I swear I wouldn't- oh my gods I can't-"

"Hey, hey, it's fine, calm down. You just fell asleep and I followed suit. Grover decided not to wake us up though,"

She lifted her head from her hands and looked Percy in the eyes, "I'm so sorry-"

"Stop saying sorry," Percy interrupted.

Annabeth just sighed and rubbed her eyes. Percy stood and reached a hand out to her. She took it and he pulled her up.

"Do you want me to drive you home?" He asked her.

"Oh, no, thank you. I'm fine. Are you staying here?"

Percy scoffed, "Yeah, Grover asked me to clean up the place, so I'm gonna help him a bit,"

"Oh, that's really sweet of you." She paused and thought for a moment, "Is it okay if I stay and help?"

"Annabeth, you really don't-"

"Please. I really want to," She gave Percy the cutest puppy dog eyes he'd ever seen. Of course, he couldn't say no to that, so he caved.

"Yeah, okay, you can help," Percy and Annabeth seemed to realize at the same time they were still holding hands. They quickly whipped away from each other and Percy felt his face get hot.

He decided to break the awkward silence, "Let's, uh, get to work?"