Chapter Twenty-One

-~=~-

As soon as Percy made his way into his apartment, he walked over to the couch and face planted into the pillows.

"Percy? Percy, is that you love?"

"No, it's a robber who decided to take a break on the couch," Percy said in a muffled voice. He heard footsteps approaching and the couch dip in. His mom started rubbing his back.

"Mind telling me what's wrong?" She asked in a soft voice. Percy paused for a moment, thinking about what to say. Before he had decided to tell his mom, she spoke up.

"It's a girl, isn't it?" She asked him. Percy lifted his head from the pillows.

"How did you know?" Percy was shocked.

She laughed as Percy sat up straight and looked at his mother.

"Mother's intuition," She smiled. "Now, tell me everything,"

"Well, there's this girl. Apparently you knew that already though. Her name is Annabeth," Percy went on to tell his mom everything that had happened. From them hating each other, being friends, and what happened with Luke.

Sally thought for a second before giving her advice.

"Honey, you need to talk to her," She told him, "If you really think you like her then you better fight for her. But, you also have to know when to stop. If she has feelings for Luke, as hard as it is, you might have to accept that. I promise it'll all be okay in the end," Percy sighed and hugged his mom.

"Thank you," He whispered.

"Anytime, honey,"

-~=~-

Percy knew his goal: talk things out with Annabeth. And as easy as that might seem, he had no idea what to say to her. So, he did the obvious! Texting a bunch of guy friends who knew nothing about girls or what to do in a situation like Percy's.

He texted the "bros" group chat which consisted of Grover, Jason, Leo, Frank, Will and Nico.

He told them that it was an emergency and they all needed to get to his house ASAP. After about fifteen minutes, everyone had arrived and made their way to Percy's room. Percy and Grover went to get drinks and snacks.

When they returned, everyone had gotten comfy in chairs, on the bed, or on the floor. Grover and Percy distributed the stuff they were holding and found a place to sit.

"I'm sure you're all wondering why I gathered you all here," He started,

"Get on with it," Nico groaned. Will shoved him a bit.

"I have an issue. It's a girl-"

"Annabeth!" Everyone said in unison.

"Whoa, hold up, how did you all know?" Everyone was silent. Percy raised his eyebrow and turned to Grover accusingly.

"Wait, don't blame- fine I did it!" Percy rolled his eyes. "Don't look at me like that, Perce! It was so obvious and what did you expect me to do? Keep my mouth shut? Also, technically I only told one person who told-"

"Okay, moving on!" Jason interrupted. Percy glared him down but decided it was pointless. It was better they all already knew anyway.

"So, trouble in paradise?" Frank asked Percy. He sighed and gave them all a rundown on the situation. Everyone was silent through the short summary, until he got to Luke.

"Luke Castellan?" Jason asked.

"Uh, why would I know?" Percy shrugged.

"Big scar?" Jason suggested. Percy scoffed. "I suppose that's the guy then," Jason concluded.

"You'd be right," Percy confirmed. "How do you know him?"

"Thalia used to hang out with him a lot. They had some kind of fall out, but I'm not entirely sure what about,"

Percy considered this. He could get dirt on Luke and tell Annabeth then she wouldn't care about him anymore! Of course, that's not exactly the way he wanted to do it.

When he finished telling everyone what happened that day, they were all cringing.

"That's pretty bad," Will said sympathetically.

"Why am I here again?" Nico asked. Will glared at him.

"You're supporting a friend," He insisted.

"I'd rather be at home,"

"Nico, you really need to work on your people skills,"

"Get married already!" Leo shouted, which made both boys blush profusely. Everybody laughed at them, and they managed to laugh along. It was so painfully obvious they had feelings for each other.

"Confess your love for each other some other time, Percy is an idiot and can't do this on his own," Jason said,

"Jason!" Percy said, offended. Jason chuckled and hid his face a bit.

"Okay guys," Grover got everyone's attention, "It's time for a plan,"