Chapter Thirty-Six

-~=~-

They walked out of the diner, hand in hand. Percy had suggested that they go to a nearby park to hang out a little bit longer. He also wanted to have a more private conservation with Annabeth, so the diner wasn't the best place.

As they made their way there, they talked and laughed about anything and everything. When they finally made it to the park, they sat down on one of the benches.

They were silent for a few moments before Percy decided to bring up what had happened in the diner.

"You kissed me," Percy said, partly in confirmation, partly in awe.

Annabeth just hummed a bit in response. Percy sat up straight and turned to face her. He grabbed her hand and watched her cheeks flush red.

"What does this mean?" He gestured between them, "You know, for us?"

"What do you want it to mean?" She tilted her head.

"Annabeth, come on. I told you how I felt..." He trailed off, trying to imply that it was her turn to actually confess any feelings she had and not just kiss him then pretend it didn't happen.

She took a deep breath, "I really like you, Percy," A small smile started spreading across her face. "Like, a lot," She let out a breathy laugh.

Percy laughed along with her, squeezing her hands a bit tighter.

"Annabeth, since we have both confessed, I have a question for you," Percy stood from the bench.

Annabeth furrowed her brows.

Percy got down on one knee, still holding her hands.

"Percy, isn't it a bit too soon to be proposing?" She laughed a little bit. Percy tried to keep a straight face, but failed miserably.

"Annabeth Idon'tknowyourmiddlename Chase, will you go out on a proper date with me?" Both of their faces broke into huge grins.

Percy stood from the ground, pulling Annabeth up from the bench as he did. He wrapped his arms around her waist, picked her up and spun around.

"Percy! Percy!" Annabeth laughed even harder. Percy set her back down on the ground, his hands still on her waist. Annabeth's arms were around Percy's neck, one of her hands twirling a piece of his hair between her fingers.

"You're amazing, you know that?" Percy whispered as he inched his face closer to Annabeth's.

"I've been told once or twice," She smirked.

"Gods, you're perfect,"

Percy closed the gap between them, locking them in a kiss. His hand moved from her waist to her hair, entangling his fingers in it.

Soon enough, they were both smiling too much to keep kissing.

"That's just a thing I can do now?" Percy asked, astonished.

Annabeth bit her lip and nodded.

Percy smiled and pulled her into a hug, burying his head in her neck. Annabeth giggled and hugged him tighter.