Chapter Sixteen

-~=~-

Percy and Annabeth both started working on cleaning up the house. They brought a bunch of the dishes from the living room and put them in the sink, fixed up the couches and the very random assortment of pillows that belonged on them.

Annabeth had started doing the dishes while Percy was carrying the last few cups from the living room. As soon as he entered the kitchen, he tripped over himself and spilt the sodas all over the floor.

"Dammit!" He cursed. Annabeth turned off the water and laughed. He walked over to the sink and put the now empty cups in the sink and mocked her laugh. Her smile just grew.

Percy grabbed some paper towels and started cleaning up the soda.

"You're gonna want to mop that," Annabeth told him.

He pouted, "I do?" She nodded in response.

"Of course. It's soda, it'll be super sticky," She turned back to the sink and finished washing up the popcorn bowls.

It took a little bit of searching for Percy to find the mop (yes, Percy spent a lot of time over there, but not a lot of time cleaning) but he eventually found it and the bucket in the utility closet. He made his way back to the kitchen and Annabeth scooched to the side while he filled the bucket with warm water. Annabeth would giggle every once in a while, seemingly about what Percy had done. He just rolled his eyes and bit back a smile.

When Percy finished with filling the bucket, Annabeth went back to work. He got the mop wet and started scrubbing the spot he spilled the soda. When he thought it looked clean enough, he lifted the mop and turned. In the process, he accidentally hit Annabeth's legs with the soaking wet mop.

"Hey!" Annabeth jumped in surprise.

"Oh my gods, I'm so sorry I didn't mean-"

"Oh, save it, Jackson," She turned back to the sink and continued doing the dishes. Or so he thought.

Before Percy knew it, Annabeth whipped around and dumped a full cup of water on Percy's head.

He gaped at her and she just burst out laughing.

"You are so on, Wise Girl," Percy dipped the mop back into the water and flung it toward Annabeth, lightly hitting her side.

They both started laughing and an all out war started.

Percy reached into the sink and grabbed a cup, filled it with water and threw the contents onto Annabeth. She gasped as the cold water touched her, but she quickly started laughing again.

"Timeout!" Annabeth yelled. Percy paused filling up his cup and turned to face her. "Shouldn't we do this outside?" She asked, "We're going to make an even bigger mess for us to clean up later,"

Percy considered this for a second and figured it was a good idea. He stood up straight and looked her in the eyes, holding his cup firmly in his hand.

"Race ya," Percy then sprinted towards the door, Annabeth yelling at him for cheating but followed close behind.

After a few minutes of running around splashing each other with the little water they had left in their cups, Percy came up with an idea.

He ran to the side of the house, leaving a confused Annabeth in the driveway.

"What are you doing?" She yelled to him. He decided to leave it a surprise. He picked up the hose and turned the water to full power. He kinked it and emerged from the side of the house.

"Percy! Percy no no-" He unkinked it and blasted her in the face with the hose. "Percy!" She yelled, "This is so unfair!"

She walked over to him, Percy still spraying her with the hose. As she got closer to him, Percy kinked the hose.

"Annabeth?" He choked out. She put her hand on his arm, and looked deep into his eyes. He could feel his face getting hotter by the second.

"Percy," She said slowly, her hand drifting down his arm, "It's really stupid to let your gaurd down like that," Annabeth grabbed the hose from Percy's hand and started spraying him in the face. That snapped him out of his little trance.

"That is what's unfair!" He screamed, using his hands to slightly protect his face (it wasn't working too well.)

Eventually Annabeth kinked the hose, and walked over to Percy, holding out her hand to him.

"Truce?" She asked, a small smile on her face.

Percy examined her for a moment before extending his hand to hers. "Truce."