Chap 8 - For Lunch and Dinner

Hetal's POV

After hanging up the phone, I decided to have lunch. I stood up and stretched a bit. I went downstairs to grab a quick bite, but when I reached the ground floor, I saw a hazy yet familiar silhouette. It was Mittali holding a man's arm tightly.

Didn't Mittali run away from the wedding? What was she doing here?

Just when I came forward to see who the lady was, someone grabbed me into a tight embrace. A giant truck whizzed past me.

"Marna hai kya?" Rudra shouted at me in anger and yet concerned tone. I pushed him away only to find that lady across the street had disappeared.

If he didn't pull me over, I would...

"What brings you here?" I asked him.

I would be able to get back my identity only if I found Mittali. I didn't want to live in Mittali's name any more.

He had just saved my life but I looked so cold.

"Maine tum ko bachaya, lekin tum ..." (Hey. I saved you, but you...), Rudra said, which brought me back from my thoughts.

"Thank you." I said and I guess that, thank you subsided his anger.

"Thank you." I said once again thinking that, he didn't hear what I said clearly, so I repeated it, "If it weren't for you, I might have died." and what did I got back from him was a taunt.

He changed the topic by asking,

"Did you eat?" he asked me, "How about having a lunch together?" but I quickly refused , to have lunch with him because I never wanted paparazzi and my colleagues to see me with him.

I could easily see his face fuming in anger, I guess because I said "No" for the lunch, but I just ignored it and pass by him.

All I wanted was to go up and wrap up the Oberoi Company's plan. After coming back to the office, I got busy reading Oberoi Company's information, hoping to find some useful information.

It was time to leave even before I could realized it. I was still buried under the piles of work.

Rudra's POV

"Marna hai kya?" (Do you want to die) I shouted in an angry yet concerned tone. But, Mittali (Hetal) pushed me away.

"Mai tum se baat kar raha hu, sunai de raha hai?" (I'm talking to you, Mittali. Do you hearme) I was boiling with anger.

I came from my office to have lunch with her, only to see her desperately run into the middle of the road. I was still a little scared of what could have happened to her.

I had just saved her life but she looked so cold.

Shouldn't she throw herself into my arms and thank me for being a saviour?

"Maine tum ko bachaya, lekin tum ..." (Hey. I saved you, but you...)

"Thank you." her thanks subsided my anger. But I didn't know what to say.

"Thank you." she said once again thinking that, I didn't hear what she said clearly, so she repeated it, "If it weren't for you, I might have died." i was actually happy to listen this but then to I taunted her.

"So you do know the ways of the world." I said tauntingly.

"Did you eat?" I asked her to change the topic, "How about having a lunch together?"

"No, I don't think so." She shook her head, "I have already had some food. Go back. I have to work overtime today and might return late tonight. So, don't wait for me."

Then she turned around and left. This irritated me.

How dare she say no to me?

Good!

Very good!

Mittali you had to pay a price for it!

I wanted to punish Mittali for her rude behavior, but still I drove to her office after work. The employees of Company came out one by one, but I couldn't see her anywhere.

I locked my car and walked inside the building.

She was occupied completely in reading the information displayed on the screen of her computer. She took no notice of my arrival. I stood at the door for a long time patiently. Suddenly, when then I received a call from My Love - Riya .

I picked up the phone and heard Riya's soft voice, "Rudra, where are you? I just finished work. Do you want to have dinner together today?"

"Sure." Riya's voice simmered down my anger. With the thought of Riya's magical powers, I ignored Mittali. I walked out of the building and asked Riya, "Where are you? I'll pick you up, maybe."

"I'm at the..." Riya told me where she was and patiently waited for me. As soon as I reached there I waved her to come in the car, as she was standing out there waiting for me.

After getting in the car, she kissed me on the lips and asked me with a sweet smile, "What's for the dinner?"

"There is a new fancy Continental restaurant nearby. Would you like to go there?" I tilted my face to ask for her opinion.

"Well, listen to me tonight." Riya blinked innocently and laughed merrily at me as I nob.

******************

ऐ ख़ुदा यूँ रात में कोई रोया न करें,
करिश्मा कर दे कोई भूखा न सोया करें.

************************

भोजन की बर्बादी का न करें काम,
क्योंकि आज भी भूखें सो जाते है इंसान.

*************************************

hey lovely people, if you like reading this story then vote, as it is my first book. It will be inspiration for me to write more.