Chap 11 - Presentation

Hetal's POV

Once I was out of the car, I soon entered the office with a laptop in my hands, I was stopped by my boss, Ya Allah tum ne presentation to banali hai na, woh log kabhi bhi aayege lunch se pehle dekhne ke liye. ("Oh my god, have you prepared the presentation? They will come to review the plan soon before lunchtime...")

"Mr. Khan, Mehra is the top planner of our company. You can trust her." Before I could speak one of my senior opened her mouth, Miss Sara Shaikh said with jealousy.

She had been working in this company for a long time, even longer than me. But she still couldn't compete with me. Her salary was lower than mine now. She also hated me very much and the reason was she had a secret crush on Mr Khan and always dream to be his wife.

"I have tried my best, but I can't guarantee the result." Mr Khan was happy to hear Sara's words but as soon I response, it took away all the happiness of his face.

"Miss Mehra is too humble." Sara sneered.

"Enough! Stop here!" Mr Khan looked at me and said, "Anyway, I'll leave this case to you. You should take it seriously."

"Okay." I nodded.

Staff members of the Oberoi Company will arrive at 11 o'clock, he said and then left. Even I was in no mood to talk to Sara, so even I walked toward my cabin. While I was still checking my PPT. The new come receptionist came to call me over, "Miss Mehra, please come out quickly. The company's staff members are here."

Nobody knew that I was no more single and now was Mrs. instead of Miss, but I can never let me know about this.

I was confused. Now that they were here, why not directly get them to the meeting room? But the receptionist pulled me out of the cabin, "Come on, Mr Khan is waiting."

There were two groups of people lined up at the gate. Mr Khan waved at me and grabbed his coat nervously. This was when I noticed that Mr Khan who always dressed casually wore a suit today.

I looked around at the people on the scene. All of them looked serious.

I thought, 'Isn't it just a representative? Is it possible that Rudra is coming over here in person?'

I usually didn't like following the crowd. But I was curious about who the representative was.

When the lift doors opened, a man in a navy blue suit walked towards the gate of the Company, followed by a couple of people.

It... it was the man who just drove me to work today.

I never expected that Rudra himself would come to my company for such a small annual meeting case. No wonder Mr Khan was so nervous.

"Mr. Oberoi, " Mr Khan immediately walked towards him, "Welcome to our company. This way, please."

I felt Rudra was staring at me. However, it meant nothing for me but Leena, Alfiya, Rosy my colleague who were standing besides me were excited.

"Oh my god, he just looked at me. He noticed me!"

"Miss Leena, you think too much." Hasina Shaikh, the new receptionist, sneered at her. "Mr. Oberoi just got married. It was during the days when Hetal was on a leave."

When I heard this, my heart skipped a beat. If people got to know that I was Rudra's wife, what would I do?

"What? He's married?" Leena looked at Hasina with curiosity.

"Miss Mehra, come here." I heard Mr. Khan calling.

Before walking to Mr Khan, I couldn't help taunting them, "Well, on such an important occasion, please don't waste time on nonsense gossips. Hasina, please tell the peon to prepare the coffee."

I knew he loves coffee as I saw on the breakfast table.

"Do you think you are the boss' wife?" Sara complained behind me, while I was walking to Mr Khan. "Hai re Sara ki jealousy", I murmured.

I didn't care about her and quickly trailed behind Mr Khan. Mr Khan introduced me to Rudra, "Mr. Oberoi, she is Miss Mehra, the planner of our company. She is responsible for the annual meeting for the Oberoi Company."

"Nice to meet you, Mr. Oberoi." I gracefully reached out my hand to Rudra. Rudra extended his hand to shake hands with me, but then he gently scratched my palm.

I felt lucky that her colleagues called me by my surname, Otherwise, my real identity would be exposed in front of Rudra and he would throw me out.

"Well... Let's get started." I organised my thoughts and began the work. I was definitely a professional at work.

Standing in front of the projector, I began to make a presentation, introducing my idea smoothly. I tried to restraint myself from looking at Rudra's passionate eyes. When the screen of the PPT said "End", I heaved a huge sigh of relief.

"Mr. Oberoi, if I were a staff of the Oberoi Company, I would hope the company gives us some substantial rewards on its 50th annual celebration instead of a simple wine party. Therefore, I designed the annual celebration along with a press conference where you could spend the saved money on the employees. They are the foundation of your company." When I finished my presentation, the men who accompanied Rudra whispered to each other. They were happy with my plan. Even Rudra's eyes too were full of appreciation.

But Mr Khan's face turned sour.

He wanted to make money. When the rich Oberoi Company came to him, he knew he could make a lot of money from them.

Now, my revision would make him lose half of the profits.

"Miss Mehra, what's wrong with you?" Mr Khan didn't care about the representatives. He stood up to rebuke me, "Do you know..." but was cut off by Rudra.

"Not bad." Rudra said, "But I have several details to discuss with Miss Mehra. It's time for lunch. Mr. Khan, would you mind lending me your top planner for a while?"

Mr Ahmed Khan's POV

I was quick nervous today as it was a big day for me. If I succeed today then I knew I could earn a lot from this event.

I was in my suit, to give a good impression to Mr. Oberoi. I made him introduce to Miss Mehra the best planner on whom the entire company's success was dependent.

But after seeing the PPT, I tried hard not to lose my temper but I knew if Mr. Oberoi accepts this proposal my company will not be able to make a profit as I wish. So I stood up from my chair and walked towards her.

"Miss Mehra, what's wrong with you?" I didn't care about the representatives. I stood up to rebuke her, "Do you know..." but was cut off by Rudra Oberoi.

He then asked to take Miss Mehra for lunch. I had no choice so I agreed.

I forced a smile and said "I'll ask someone to arrange it for you."

"Please don't bother." Rudra interrupted my words. His implication couldn't be more clear.

He wanted to have lunch with Miss Mehra only.

"Okay." I wasn't stupid. I completely understood what Rudra meant. With a smile, I pulled Miss Mehra aside and told her, "Miss Mehra, you should take good care of Mr. Oberoi at all cost today. Clear?"

"Mr. Khan, this isn't my responsibility..." Miss Mehra was a bit upset with me because my words were too explicit, but I didn't care. 

**********

आज मेहनत कमाई से ज्यादा करो,
कल कमाई मेहनत से ज्यादा होगी...

**********

कड़ी से कड़ी जोङते जाओ तो जंजीर बन जाती है॥
मेहनत पे मेहनत करो तो तक़दीर बन जाती है।