Chap 30 - Truth - Part 1

Rudra's POV

When I entered my cabin, I sat on my leather chair thinking about my wifey and our last night. She sleeps like a baby. Suddenly a knock was there on my door

"Come in," and I saw Mr Jafar coming in.

"Good Morning, Mr. Oberoi, I have brought all the information you wanted about Mrs. Mittali."

But before I could say a word my phone rang and I saw, it was a call from my cute wifey,

"Hello wifey," I said and she asked for permission to go out for lunch with her friend. I agreed on it, as I knew she would get bored sitting at home as she was a workaholic, women.

After ending the conversation with wifey I gestured Mr. Jafar to start.

Mr. Jafar took out a document folder from his briefcase and handed it over to me. "I have an introduction of your wife. Please have a look."

I took over the folder and took out a document. I attentively read every single word of the document.

My wife was not Mittali, but Hetal.

Hetal had been brought up in a hostel. She had been accepted by a well-known foreign university for excellent academic performance. However, she had chosen a local university because no one would take care of her educational fees if she went abroad. She had gotten through university relying on scholarships.

She had joined Mr. Khan's Company after graduation. She had been promoted to the current position from a Planner Assistant.

I looked at a smiling photo of Hetal with a frown.

"She is not Mittali. Then why did she marry me?" I was inquisitive about what had happened to Mittali.

"That's what I was going to talk about next." Mr. Jafar took another document from the briefcase. "Have a look at this one. According to my investigation, Mittali had eloped with a man called Sumit Agrawal a few days before the wedding. Mr. Jafar drank some water, and then proceeded further I spent some money and bribed him. He told me something you should know.","Sumit told us that Vasundra Mehra didn't stop her when Mittali decided to elope from home in order to escape marrying you. After she left, Vasundra threatened Hetal to marry you.

Mr. Jafar gave me a momentary glance, and then continued," Mr. Oberoi, now Hetal's photo is in your hand. As for the real Mittali... the Mehra family must have destroyed all her photos, so I didn't get any photo of her."

I laughed coldly, and said,"You don't have to investigate about the real Mittali." 'The real Mittali... must be the one bearing Hetal's name.

Now, all my doubts have been erased. I finally understand why she always looked unhappy. She probably.. was worried about her truth all this while.'.

Noticing my ' concerned expression, Mr. Jafar continued, "What else do you want me to investigate?"

"Nothing more for now," I replied. I put these papers away, and said to Mr. Jafar seriously, "Get your pay from Mohit and you can leave. By the way, I don't want others to know about this."

"I assure you that I will keep it to myself. It's my duty." Mr. Jafar stood up and said,"Mr. Oberoi, I have to leave now. Please give me a call if you need my help any further."

I nodded and said,"Okay, I will." After Mr. Jafar left, I called Hetal but she was not picking up my phone so I got panicked and kept on trying and finally, she answered the phone this time after approx  three rings. 

"Hello..." Hearing her voice on the phone, I felt relieved. I asked in a serious tone, "Where are you right now? I called you many times. Why didn't you answer the phone?"

"I... I'm ... in .... the... hospital," she continued between her sobbing and I was just shocked.

"Which hospital?" she gave me the name and I quickly ran out of my office headed towards the parking lot sat in the car and drive as quickly as I could and reach there.

When I reached there I saw Hetal walking inside towards the ICU so I followed her, we  had a few meters of distance so I took wide steps and entered the ICU but then what I saw left my eyes out of my socket. I was more than shocked and speechless.

I came back from that mini shock and yelled , "WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?"

As I saw Hetal was in the arms of a man who had hugged her.  

*************************