Chap 27 - Romantic Evening

Rudra's POV

I entered the bedroom and saw Mittali standing near the window and looking out at the sky. I slowly walked towards her and called her name,

"Mittali" ... but no response as she was busy in her thoughts. Her trance was broken by me when I tapped on her shoulder.

When she turned to face me her eyes were puffy which made a pang to my heart and then her words shatter me completely. "Rudra why did you ruin my career. I did all what you said, but then to you ruin my career why? Rudra answer me why?" with tears which were falling down her cheeks.

I was in shock would be an understatement. I never in my dreams thought of this situation as I was falling for her. I wanted to fulfill all her dreams and wishes but ... how did this happen.... that I broke her heart unknowingly.

I took her hand in my, to which she did not protest then made her sit on the couch and asked her what happen as I was clueless of it.

She narrated me the entire incident of her office with small hiccups in between and I felt like hugging her and keeping her in my arms forever but I gave up that idea ... as I wanted to solve this mess and then I realized it was a misunderstanding. I explained her entire scenario and then she calmed down.

Once she was calm I told, "Mittali go and freshen up so we could go downstairs to have dinner as dadaji and Moni will kill me if they see you in this state." A small smile crept on her lips and that bloom my heart. I was gone be death by her.

Third Person's POV

That evening, dadaji asked Rudra to take Hetal out for dinner. He said that their privacy shouldn't be hindered because of him and Moni and also he should make it up to upset her.

The place where Rudra took Hetal was a famous Open Terrace restaurant in Mumbai City. There always was a long queue outside this restaurant, but today, it looked empty.

He pulled a chair for her and then sat opposite her. With dadaji and Moni, she didn't feel awkward. But now, when she was left alone with Rudra, she felt that even the air around him was frozen.

"I remember you mentioned the other day that you like spicy food. Since we are here I thought we should try the food here." Rudra said lightly as if it was all normal.

Hetal was more than happy with Rudra's considerate behaviour.

After the dishes were served, Rudra continually refilled Hetal's plate but didn't eat too much himself. She then recalled that the housemaid once mentioned that Rudra had a weak stomach for spicy food.Knowing that Rudra couldn't stand spicy food, Hetal asked for the menu and ordered some dim sum. While waiting for it to be served, Rudra continuously stared at her figuring it out who she is? who as making him weak with her mesmerizing eyes. 

"You..." Hetal looked at Rudra in guilt and said,"We should try something else next time. I know you cannot eat spicy food. I don't feel good eating all by myself."

"Don't worry." Rudra grinned. Hetal mentioned next time all by herself. Did it mean that he had slowly walked his way into her heart? "Have some more if you like it." Rudra said.  Hetal didn't speak a word. She silently lowered her head and ate her meal.

It was the first time that Hetal and Rudra were having such a peaceful moment, all thanks to dadaji and Moni.

They both desired for this peaceful atmosphere to go on all around the evening.

Rudra then stood up giving a hand to Hetal to dance with him and she accepted.

They both were swinging according to the soft beats and then suddenly ...

"You..." Hetal gave a gentle cough to break the uncomfortable silence.

"Miss Riya..." Hetal only meant to ask him if he had brought Riya here before. But even by the mention of her name, Rudra frowned.

"Mittali, are you sure you want to bring up that person and ruin our romantic evening?" Just one sentence of Rudra and it could stop her from speaking her mind.

She was embarrassed and took a glance at Rudra. She didn't speak a word further.

It was truly a romantic setting - the restaurant, and the ambiance. It would be truly a waste to talk and think about anything else.

But then Rudra did something which he never thought he would do... 

****************

दिल की धड़कन और मेरी सदा है तू,
मेरी पहली और आखिरी वफ़ा है तू,
चाहा है तुझे चाहत से भी बढ़ कर,
मेरी चाहत और चाहत की इंतिहा है तू।

***************

आपके आने से ज़िन्दगी कितनी खूबसूरत है,
दिल में बसाई है जो वो आपकी ही सूरत है,
दूर जाना नहीं हमसे कभी भूलकर भी,
हमे हर कदम पर आपकी ज़रूरत है।

***************