Chap 41 - New Relation

Pic of Raksha Bandhan Pooja Thali 

Third Person POV

· As soon as Isha and Abhi entered through the door they were warmly welcomed by Dadaji and Rudra. Within no time Hetal and Moni came out of the kitchen with sweets and pooja thali after hearing their voice. Dadaji made Rudra and Abhi sit together on the same couch and he and Isha sat on the single couch which were facing each other. Hetal stood in front of Abhi and Moni stood in front of Rudra holding their pooja thali respectively. They both started the ceremony together. First, they apply the Sindoor (Vermilion) paste on their forehead followed by Akshata (unbroken rice grains) and then kept their thali aside on the table which was placed in front of their couch. Then they tied the rakhi on their respective brother's right hand wrist and then did the aarti and made them eat sweets.

Isha was watching this like every year only the difference was it included more members this time in this ceremony and at a different place.

Once Hetal and Moni were done with the tying of rakhi both Rudra and Abhi gave them their gifts. Rudra got up from the couch took the thali from the table which Moni had kept and started walking towards Isha.

Isha was confused seeing this but stood up from the couch when Rudra stood right in front of her. With confusion written on her face, she looks straight into Rudra's eyes. But before she could read anything Rudra with his one hand, hold one shoulder of Isha and started turning her in a 180-degree direction so now Rudra was near the single couch and Isha facing him. Rudra put his hand in his pocket and removed a Rakhi and kept it on the thali and handed that thali to Isha.

Isha holds that thali as she never wanted it to fall on the ground. Rudra sat on the single couch and brought his right hand forward and said.

Isha's POV

"Isha would you tie this Rakhi on my wrist and make me your brother," Rudra said. Tears rolled down from my eyes. I could not speak a word as I was shocked. I was confused about what should I do. I was happy and scared at the same time.

But soon I realize two hands on both the sides of my shoulder I saw it was Moni and Hetal. Hetal nob her head saying yes and same did Moni when I saw her.

"Rudra it's my honor to make you my brother." Still, tears were rolling down my eyes and a smile on my lips. I saw Dadaji patting Rudra's one shoulder from behind him and Abhi was standing near Rudra with a slight nob gesturing as a yes to me. I followed the ceremony and tied rakhi on Rudra's hand. It was for the first time in my life I was nervous, scared, happy, and happy tears still rolling down my eyes with a smile on my lips.

Rudra got up and wiped my tears and said "I hate tears in my lovely sis eyes." and then gave me a gift saying, "It's same as Moni has." I refused to take it, but he insisted saying "now onwards you are my sister and I have full right to gift my sister" and hugged me. I hugged him back and when we parted he kissed on my forehead and said "I love you sister." I love you too brother. 

Moni too hugged me and called me as Isha Di and Dadaji gave his blessing by patting on my head. Hetal hug me in a bone crushing hug.

It was like all my silent prayers came true. God finally blessed me with all the happiness of life. A lovely caring would be a husband like Abhi, a loving brother like Rudra, a cute younger sister like Moni and a best friend like Hetal and cherry on the cake was the love and blessing of an elderly person Dadaji

It was lunchtime so Dadaji sat on the chair of head of the family I was supposed to sit on the left side near Moni but Rudra refused saying, "Isha and Moni can you both sit beside me today." we both nob and went towards his side he made me sit to his right and Moni to his left and himself in middle. The serving was done by the maids and as soon as I was about to take my first piece of roti near my mouth Rudra hold my wrist. I was confused and raised my eyebrow towards him he took that piece of roti in his hand and brought it in front of my mouth. I slowly open it and Rudra feed me. Tears were betraying me and started coming out. Rudra wiped my tears with his other hand and made me and Moni feed with his hand and seeing this Abhi feed Hetal. The feeling was so amazing which could not be express in words.

Suddenly Dadaji's question made me and Abhi chocked out food. "So Abhi and Isha when are you both getting married."

And before we could answer anything Moni said: "Di I will design all the dress for the function." I and Abhi saw each other and a smile creeps our lips.

Dadaji again said, "Abhi now Isha is my granddaughter so all the functions of the bride will take place from Oberoi Mansion." and Abhi pouted for the first time like a small kid. He was just looking adorable like this. It was for the first time I realize what family is and why Hetal is so happy and proud to be a part of it. Oberoi's were different for the world like arrogant or rude but to the family, they were lovable and adorable people.

Abhi raised his eyebrows for the answer and I said, "Dadaji we are still not planning for marriage. But sure I would love to be a bride and move out of this house with Rudra holding my hand making me walk towards the mandap (a temporary platform set up for weddings and religious ceremonies) as my brother whenever I get married.

Rudra holding my hand during hastmelap (Hastmelap Ritual. Often grouped together in the Kanyadaan ceremony, the Hastmelap is translated from Sanskrit to mean 'the joining of the hands of the bride and groom') and giving it in Abhi's hand with all warning would be fun to watch and Moni dressing me up and giving her comments and small photoshoot for status upload would be fun.

The lunch was awesome because of the talks we had and finally, Dadaji suggested us to get married after a month as we were already engaged for two years and Dadaji said, "he will talk to the priest about the wedding dates which can be considered in a month or a two."  I and Abhi said in unison, " As you say Dadaji"

After lunch, Rudra and Abhi were talking about random things and business and then Moni pulled me and Abhi with her to show us the Oberoi Mansion. It had Indoor Swimming Pool, Home Gym, Home Theater., Game Room having a billiard table, and huge tv to play video games, Home Library and much more.... 

Time flew by and after having dinner and some talks, we left from there at 10.00 pm back towards our mansion totally exhausted by laughing and talking. It was the best day of my life. 

********************

"A brother will never say he loves you, but he loves you more than anything in this world"