Chap 46 - Sick

Hetal's POV

It has been weeks since we have returned home. Everyone is very happy and after two days it's Moni's birthday. She never came for dinner as I was waiting for her as it was me and her only as dadaji had gone to Yash house and Rudra was busy with a meeting and would be coming late, so I went into her room to check on her. But the scene in front of me made me quickly run towards her she was shivering in her bed. I quickly check her forehead and found she had a high fever. 

I covered her with a quilt and rang Dr. Zoya's number. After three rings she picked up and I told her about Moni's condition. She told me she will be there in 10 minutes. I quickly got up and when to the kitchen and pick a bowl of water and took two towels from my cupboard and headed to Moni's room. I quickly souk the towel in the bowl and then kept the towel on her forehead. I rub her palm of hand and legs continuously to keep her warm. Slowly it started working as her shiver started slowing down.

After a few minutes, I heard a knock on the door it was Dr. Zoya. I quickly stood up and allow her to check. She said, "it's just nothing to worry about as the climate has changed or might be because of overwork and exhaustion" and gave an injection to her, and handed medicines to me. She told me that, "I should make her eat the medicines after she eats something" and I nob

She asked me, "Mittali if you want I will stay with you." But I refused her after seeing her tiring face. "No Zoya I will manage." She smiled at me and left. She told me this because she was Rudra's best friend and Moni's friend from childhood and our neighbors too. 

After an hour I heard a knock on the door and saw Rudra and Dadaji coming in together. Rudra and Dadaji quickly came by her bedside and sat down on the bed then Rudra asked "Hey what happened to Moni?" seeing both of them worried I replied, "Just a fever because the climate has changed or because of overwork and exhaustion." I called Dr. Zoya and she gave her injection and medicines and left. Now you are here I will just get her something to eat as we both did not have dinner.

I was about to stand when Rudra hold my hand and said, wifey you stay here I will bring the dinner and I nobbed. I told Dadaji also not to worry as her fever is reduced compared to earlier. When Rudra came in with food and Dadaji check Moni by keeping his palm on her forehead, he felt what I said was true and kissing on her forehead he left, but with a warning to me and Rudra that if there is an emergency we should wake him up and inform him which we both agreed.

After Dadaji left the room I took a plate and filled rice and dal in it and tried to wake up Moni she slowly opens her eyes adjusting to the room light and Rudra helped her to sit. I started feeding her and after a few spoons, she refuses it saying she is full. I never force her and then after 15 mins I made her eat medicine and after a few minutes, she said, "Bhabhi I am feeling tired and sleepy." so she lied down back. 

I was about to take the plates to the kitchen but Rudra hold my hand and said "wifey let me feed you today." a smile broke upon my lips and he started feeding me. After completing dinner Rudra took the plates back to the kitchen and after coming back into the room he sat on the bed beside Moni with his legs stretch. Along with his laptop. I told him I will manage but he refused to me saying, "he will give me company and wants to sit beside Moni as he wants to take care of his baby sister his princess." I just smiled at him and continue with changing the towel. At around 11.30 pm Rudra got down from the bed and said " I am coming wifey."

Even I stood up and stretch myself and found Moni's fever had reduced a lot it was just nominal now. So I went to the washroom and came out after freshen up. As soon as I entered I saw Rudra with two cups of coffee in his hand. He smiled at me and said "wifey have this you will feel fresh" I accepted with a cute smile as I wanted one. After finishing coffee I told him to go to our room and sleep as he has to attend the office tomorrow. 

First, he refused but later he accepted. I sat on the bed beside Moni with my leg stretch and keep on changing the towel and ribbing her hands frequently to keep her warm. Moni woke up twice in the night and told me, " Bhabhi I am feeling better you go to sleep." but I refused and said "not till I am satisfied that you are fine" and she gave me a weak smile.

Night pass and by morning Moni was completely fine only weakness was there. I told her to rest as she is not allowed by me to go anywhere as it was a warming from me and she agreed. I made all the food which could help her make her taste normal. As she was hating the regular food because of her taste bud which had changed. I took total care as tomorrow was her birthday and there was a grand celebration as Dadaji and Yash's Dadaji was going to announce the engagement date and it was the surprise birthday gift for Moni by Dadaji.

After wishing Moni at midnight and cutting the cake among us that is Dadaji, Rudra, me, and Moni I went to my room as Moni was much better. The next day morning I woke up feeling sick, my head was throbbing with pain and I covered my mouth and ran to the washroom then I puked my guts out. I was feeling sick, I was nauseous again! I brushed my teeth and washed my face, then I wiped it. I was looking pale! I can't even eat anything properly; just the smell of food makes me nauseous that what I have observed for a few days. But I never told anyone.

********************

Baat bas itni si hai,Hamein Tumhari Fikar, Tumse Thodi Jyada hai.

**********************

जिंदगी में कोई प्यार से प्यारा नही मिलता, 

जो है पास आपके उसको सम्भाल कर रखना, 

क्योंकि एक बार खोकर प्यार दोबारा नही मिलता।

**********************