No. 5: Female Book Lover x Laid Back Male Reader

Your POV

Man, it's so boring to live up during school. Just sit down while listening to the teacher and even doing some classwork. It's so boring to try all of that every day.

My math class is over as I head out to the hallway. "Hey there, Y/n. Having fun with your homework yet?" F/n (Your Friend's Name) asks me during the hallway.

Y/n: Not at all because of how they are pissing me off.

F/n: True, it's like they wanted you to try what you've learned before you go on. That's their way of making the students maintain their minds.

Y/n: But it's a waste of time doing all of this. There's no way that this could even make me happy by just learning.

F/n: Tsk, I would feel the same way as you. But more importantly, you got the exam coming up. Did you study?

Y/n: I wish I have more time with studying while other homework gives me a tighter beating.

F/n: Would have been better if you spend some time in the library. This is where quiet places can keep yourself calm while working in there, for studying that is.

Y/n: Yeah, yeah, I'll do it when I have my free time.

F/n: After school, you can.

I spent the remaining time to play along with each class until I start studying in the library. How much more time do I have to study? This sucks because I don't get to have fun. I do feel laid back a lot, thinking that I would never get bored from all of this. Still, the exam is coming up so I should be studying by now.

I was so lonely to be here, but not like this. There's a girl with her glasses with her hair tied sits down at my table. What does she want with me? "Hey, you." I start talking to her. "Don't you think that there should be more empty tables around to sit?"

Girl: No, I don't like lonely places around.

Y/n: Ok, but why just reading a book? Don't you have to study?

Girl: I'm doing it right now since there is an exam coming up.

"..." I watch her reading her textbook and record down some keywords and answers to her study guide sheet. Her progress looks flawless compared to mine. I'm too slow on reading and understanding the comprehension because of my lack of acknowledging the education that I always get used to. "Do you like reading stuff?"

Girl: Where did that come from?

Y/n: Well, you do understand what the book is saying and...

Girl: I get bored sometimes when I don't have anything to do, so I just read the novels.

Y/n: And by studying?

Girl: Yes. Exams are more important than just any worksheets and my books.

"I never get used to reading books because it's all just words." I start commenting on how reading books can be all about understanding the plot of the story or history.

Girl: What does that mean?

Y/n: Well, don't you think it's fun reading books instead of doing something else?

Girl: I wish, but I would like to relax and keep reading books if I can. There's no need to be hasty with some desire that the technology would give us. What it does is bringing us down to despair. What we all want is a life of nature.

Y/n: Meaning no games, music, anything?

Girl: Just yourself and the materials or books that you are carrying. And also the outside as your background. You will also need that for a change. Don't let some modern methods distract you because it's not related to your exam materials. You wanted to pass your exams, have you not?